Something To Hold Onto

Sitting in the vault of a bank, the Winter Soldier was strapped down to a chair, his arm being worked on by a scientist. His eyes being off in a different place.

Arnim Zola clouded his mind, his face creeping closer to Bucky's.

"Sargeant Barnes,"

Bucky shot up in his chair, his head turned.

Steve wanting him to grab his hand, falling from the train, being drug to this place he was in. His arm, gone.

"The procedure has already started." Arnim Zola stated as scientists from every corner started appearing. Sawing his arm from him completely.

He came back to reality and turned his head again,only to be sucked back into his nightmare.

"You are to be, the new fist of HYDRA."

Arnim smiled at him as he was put in the Cryostasis Chamber.

Bucky flung his arm back, sending the scientist flying backwards. The guards drew their guns as he sat with his hands in fists, ready to attack if necessary.

Alexander Pierce turned the corner with Rumlow following him.

"Sir," the scientist pleaded, "he-he's unstable, erratic."

Alexander walked in with guards facing him. He put his hands out to tell the guards to put thier guns down.

Putting his glasses away, he said, "Mission report, now."

Bucky looked at him with a blank expression, not saying a word.

"Mission report, now." He stated, getting impatient.

But Bucky held the expression, still no words coming from his throat. His mind couldn't grasp the words and put them in a sentence. Everything was different.

Alexander bent down to his eye level, and backhanded him. Sending Bucky's head backward.

Bucky turned his head towards Alexander, "The man on the bridge," he began, "Who was he?"

His mind filled with the image of Steve, but it quickly disappearing when he didn't get an answer.

"Who was he?" He asked.

Alexander had a puzzled look on his face as he was thinking of what to say.

"You met him this week on an earlier assignment." He stated, his lips pressed in a thin line.

"I knew him," Bucky said looking into Alexander's eyes.

Alexander looked away quickly before finding a chair and sitting across from him.

"You work has been a gift to mankind." Alexander said, looking at Bucky intensely.

"You shaped the century."

Bucky glared at the man sitting Infront of him. A sad look still appearing in his eye.

"I need you to do it one more time."

Bucky looked down, not knowing what to do in his situation.

"Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning, we're gonna give it a push." Alexander stated as Rumlow was glaring at Bucky.

"But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine."

Bucky looked down a feeling of confusion flooding his body.

"And if that happens, HYDRA can't give the world it's freedom it deserves."

"But I knew him." Bucky said as his lips pressed into a think line, anxious to what lays ahead.

Alexander sighed and stood up from his chair, "Prep him,"

"He's been out of the Cryo for to long." A scientist said to him.

"Then wipe him, and start over."

Bucky sat there with a defeated look on his face, as scientists pushed him the back of the chair he opened his mouth as they pushed the guard in.

The straps around his arm clipped together as the machine circled around his head before finally slamming down on it.

His screams filled the room as Alexander walked out of the room, ready to go talk with his other experiment.

------—------—------—------—-------—------—--

Rhaenyra sat in a chair, a medic tending to the few cuts and bruises she has gotten from the prior fight. Clenching her jaw as the doctor put an ointment on her wounds.

Alexander walked in as Rumlow followed. She fought the urge to roll her eyes when he walked in with a scowl on his face.

"Look at me."

Rhaenyra just kept her gaze on the floor, trying to remember what happened, but failing, she only remembered the way the Winter Soldier looked at that man.

"Look at me damnit." Alexander seethed.

But she didn't, she just kept her eyes on the floor.

Rumlow walked over and grabbed her face, sending pain throughout her neck and spine.

"You will do what he asks." He said as he let go of her.

She glared at Alexander.

"Mission report."

Rhaenyra's eyes dropped from his gaze as her eyes wandered, trying to remember, trying to remember anything.

Alexander scoffed as he grabbed a scalpel from the silver tray that was being used by the doctor before he left the room and slamming it in-between her legs, slightly grazing her left leg.

"Missio-"

"He knew something." Rhaenyra said as she interrupted Alexander.

"What, what do you mean?" He said irritated.

"The man, on the bridge, he knew something we didn't."

"What did he know?" He said

"I, I don't know." Rhaenyra said with a defeated sigh.

"Then, this is useless."

Alexander looked over at the scientists that covered the room.

"Wipe her, and start over." He said with authority as he walked out of the room.

Rhaenyra was stood up by guards with two behind her, two to the left of her, and two to the right of her.

They all walked down the dim hallway into a different room where a machine sat. A seat was in the middle of it, with places to put your arms and head. The guards pushed her into the seat and the doctors put different needles in her arm, and as soon as they turned the computers on, an x-ray of her head appeared on one and one of her body on the other. The scientists placed a mouth guard in her mouth and started up the machine.

She was pushed back as the straps around her arms tightened. She started to breath heavily as the machine clamped down on her head.

Shooting pain ripped threw her skull as flashes of memory's came and went.

Доброе утро, солдат. (Good morning, Soldier)

Готов соблюдать. (Ready to comply)

------—------—------—------—------—------—---

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, but I'm back. Goodnight/morning