The Upcoming

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize," Fury said as he sat around a table with Steve, Natasha, Sam and Maria.

"He said, peace was an achievement, and peoples responsibility." He said as he threw the picture of Alexander Pierce onto the table.

Natasha looked at him as he leaned forward.

"See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." He said looking around the room.

"We have to stop the launch." Nat said

"I don't think the counsels accepting my calls anymore," Fury said as he opened a box with three targeting blades.

"What's that?" Sam said leaning forward a bit

"Once the helicariers reach 3,000 feet, they'll triangulate with insight satellites, making them fully weaponized." Maria said as she turned a computer towards Sam.

"Reach those carriers, and reach their targeting blades with our own." Fury said.

"One or two won't be enough, we need to link all three carriers for this to work." Maria said crossing her hands.

"If even one of those ships remain operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die." She said looking at Nat.

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers, is HYDRA." Fury said as he looked at Steve, Natasha, and Sam.

"Get to the circular blades, and maybe, just maybe we'll be able to salvage-"

"We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, were taking down S.H.I.E.L.D." Steve said cutting Fury off.

"S.H.I.E.L.D had nothing to do with-"

"You gave me this mission, this is how it ends, S.H.I.E.L.D's been compromised, you said it yourself. HYDRA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed." Steve said not breaking eye contact with Fury.

"How do you think we're meeting in this cave, I noticed." Fury said raising his eyebrows.

"How many paid the price before you did." Steve said with a stern look.

Fury looked around before saying,"Look, I didn't know about Barnes."

"Even if you had, would you have told me? Or would've compartmentalized that too?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D, HYDRA, it all goes." Steve said shaking his head.

"He's right." Maria said looking at Fury with tears in her eyes.

Fury looked around the room as Natasha and him met eyes. She said nothing but leaned back, that was more than an answer to Fury.

"Don't look at me," Sam said as Fury locked eyes with him. "I do what he does, just slower."

"Well," Fury said as he looked around the room, stopping when him and Steve made eye contact.

"It looks like your giving the orders now captain."

------—------—------—------—------—------—---

Steve stood on a bridge, looking at the water rushing below.

"We looked for you after, my folks wanted to give you a ride to the cemetery."

"I know, I'm sorry, it's just, I kinda wanted to be alone." Steve said as him and Bucky walked up to his apartment in the 40's.

"How was it?" Bucky asked.

"It's okay, she's next to dad." Steve said.

"I was gonna ask,"

"I know what you're gonna ask Buck."

"It's just, we could  put the couch cushions on the floor like when we were kids."

Steve stood at his front door, fiddling with his pockets, trying to find the keys to his apartment.

"C'mon, it'll be fun, all you have to do is shine my shoes, maybe take out the trash." Bucky said in a light humorous tone.

Bucky noticed Steve struggling. He walked over to a brick, and kicked it, revealing a key. He handed it to Steve, saying, "C'mon" in the process.

"Thank you Buck." Steve said, looking Bucky in the eye. "But I can get by on my own."

"The thing is," Bucky said shaking his head,"Your don't have to."

"I'm with you to the end of the line pal." Bucky said laying a hand on his shoulder.

"He's gonna be there y'know?" Sam said walking over to Steve, bringing him out of his thoughts.

"I know." Steve said in a tired voice.

"Whoever he was back then, the guy he is know, he's not the kind you save, he's the kind you stop." Sam said looking at Steve.

"I don't know if I can do that."

"Well, he might not give you a choice."

"He doesn't know you."

"He will." Steve said finally looking at Sam.

"Gear up, it's time."

"You're gonna wear that?" Sam said in disbelief.

"No," Steve said looking back at him, "If you fight in a war, you have to wear a uniform." He said walking away.

------—------—------—------—------—------—---

A security guard walked through the halls of a museum before finally getting to the man room. Where the mannequins were holding all of  the suits that the Howling Commando wore.

He looked over and stopped abruptly, "Oh man, I am so fired." He said with a sign.

The seven mannequins were all dressed in war attire, except the front one. Captain America's, and his suit was gone.

------—------—------—------—------—------—---

Two chapters almost back to back. I hope you guys are enjoying the story, sorry that this was a shorter chapter too. I just had to put a filler in before I write the next act. Goodnight/morning