01. secrets of the deep blue

⋆ 1 ⋆

The evening sky is lit ablaze with a million stars, reflecting off the glimmering surface of the deep blues of the lagoon

The air is still and heavy with secrets, and the water is so still it almost appears to be glass.

Han Jisung steps onto his boat with a fishing pole in hand, ready to cast off and explore the riches of the deep.

He takes a deep breath, savoring the serenity of the night.

The water is so clear that he can see the bottom of the lagoon, the sandy floor illuminated by the light of the stars, and blooming coral reefs.

He casts his fishing line, watching with anticipation as the line drops into the depths.

Although he has been warned of the dangers of fishing at night by the likes of Chan, Jisung is determined to seek the treasures of the deep—(including) mystical fish that will probably be worth a fortune on the market.

He's heard tales from his whimsical friends of the creatures that lurk beneath the surface, but he is generally unfazed.

I'll believe it when I see it, has been his lifelong motto. Chan has facepalmed numerous times over his faulty reasoning, but Jisung couldn't care less.

Just like how Chan passionately believes in ancient, mythical creatures of the ocean floor, Jisung passionately does not believe in their existence.

Jisung doesn't need anyone to watch his back and ensure his safety. If these mythical beasts of the ocean truly exist, he'll be prepared for it.

Anyway, Jisung knows that the rewards of a successful night of fishing can outweigh any dangers he may encounter.

He grips his fishing pole tightly, his eyes lazily scanning the surface of the lagoon for any signs of movement. He's ready for whatever hazardous, 'trippy shit' the night may bring.

SPLASH!

After a few moments of peaceful silence, Jisung is startled by a loud splash.

He looks up, peering into the depths of the lagoon, and he can just make out the silhouette of an enormous sea creature.