18. emotions in full bloom

⋆ 18

⋆ 18 ⋆

When Jisung clambers his way back to consciousness, it's in one, loud gasp for air as if he'd been long submerged underwater without oxygen

He notes the foreign bed that had cradled him during his tumultuous night, the foreign sheets he grasps for dear life, accompanied by a familiar sea breeze scent wafting through the air.

With a groan, he rubs his swollen eyes, trying to shake off the lingering haze of unconsciousness.

But as Jisung's senses gradually came back to life, the full force of his experience last night hit them like a bolt of lightning. Memories flood back, accompanied by a sharp pain in his head and a sickening sense of disorientation.

The events of the night prior—sailing eastward in the night, creeping into a guarded facility, and being assaulted by Minho all don't feel real. But the crusted blood on his fingers when he touches his ringing ears does.

The violent episode that had left his ears ringing and body writhing in agony is still fresh in his mind, haunting him like a waking nightmare.

His first instinct is to check his ShellPhone, only to see that it too had succumbed under the pressure of Minho's shattering screech.

Without a sense of direction, Jisung assesses his surroundings. Minho's bedroom door is slightly ajar, and a sticky note is pinned to the door..

Jisung assumes it's for him.

Jisung! I know you're probably HATING the living shit out of me! And you probably have a ton of questions. We can chat about it later, whenever you want. I'm indebted to you and I owe you a load of answers, sorry.

Also, your friends, along with Felix got home safely. Promise! ^-^

— Minho

Jisung is taken aback by Minho's sudden change in dialect, but finds comfort in his lax tone.

Minho's handwriting is tiny and compact to ensure he had enough space to write multiple sentences and draw silly doodles in the free space.