13. a not-so great idea

⋆ 13

⋆ 13 ⋆

Jisung intercepts Minho on the brunet's way to his morning shift at Pixie's Pages

The young librarian is hauling a stack of books with tote bags hanging at his elbows, clear frames resting slanted on his face.

They haven't spoken since Minho sent Jisung that bedtime song, showing off his sirenic vocals (which means, no, Jisung hasn't had the opportunity to talk to Minho about his plan).

Truthfully, Jisung hopes to catch Minho by surprise on an empty Arcanan morning where no soul is around to watch him transform.

So, right now.

Minho seems to be in quite a hurry when Jisung stops him in his tracks, nearly dropping the stack of novels in his hands when Jisung suddenly appears before him.

At first, a surprised expression crosses Minho's features—his mouth hung ajar and eyes wide as they stare into Jisung's. But once he's matched Jisung's face to a familiar figure, Minho's expression softens and he steadies himself.

"Ji–Jisung," Minho stammers, shaking his head in a pathetic attempt to stabilize his glasses. The shells of his ears flush crimson as he continues, "Sorry, I'm an absolute mess right now, and— and I'm kinda' in a rush too, so—!"

The glass of water in Jisung's hand is thrown onto Minho's clothing and novel stash before Jisung can think twice about it. Minho flinches backward, stumbling over his feet and crashing to the pavement beneath them.

The assortment of novels fly in the air, erupting in a loud THUMP! when the books land all over Minho's body.

Minho groans, scrambling for his glasses that had fallen from his face.

"What the hell, Jisung?!" he swears exasperatedly, prying the books off his body. And it's the first time that Jisung is hearing anything close to swear words roll off the librarian's tongue. "What was that for?"

Jisung blinks once. Then twice. And then he's blinking stupidly at Minho, whose face has been painted in a thick coat of annoyance.

There's no sparkling, garish purple tail that replaces Minho's humanoid legs or purple-colored hair to match. There's no webbed fingers or ominous, fantastical aura emanating from Minho's body.