1

a/n
this may be somewhat related to twilight but most of it isn't.

B R O O K E

Today I was going back to my old school for the second semester. I had left that school last year because I had to move out but then my family and I came back to this city, New York. I was kind of nervous. I didn't even know if my old friends were going to remember me. I mean, I was there for only the first semester and then I moved out.

To be honest, I didn't care how I looked. I wasn't going to go all dressed up to school. I got no one to impress. So I just grabbed my long brown hair into a messy bun and I grabbed my tight yet soft red sweater since it was cold outside. I forgot how the New York weather was. I grabbed my black tight jeans and my black boots.

"Brooke! Honey, you're going to be late to school!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Today has to be good, there's nothing to worry about, I thought. I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs.

"Where's Dad?" I asked as I grabbed a glass of water.

"He had to go to work early. Are you okay with walking to school?" Mom asked. "I'm going to be late for work."

"Yeah. I don't mind walking." I shrugged and smiled. My mom walked up to me and kissed my forehead.

"You remember where the school's at, right?" Mom asked.

"It's in Brooklyn, yes." I nodded. Mom blew me a kiss before she walked out of the door.

"Love you, brooksie!" She yelled and finally walked out.

Brooksie, my parents still call me that.

"Love you too." I whispered.

New York, it's filled with thieves and rats. So yes, I was pretty scared to go outside. But it was seven of the morning, who comes out at this hour? I grabbed my house key and locked it as I got out. I walked to the route where my school could be but I was kind of lost, I was looking for 2839 Bedford Ave. Until I found it.

Midwood High School. It's been a while. I walked up to the school and I knew that when I got there I had to go get my schedule at the office.

I went inside the school and it was so warm. I looked for the office and then I walked up to it.

"How can I help you?" The lady at the office asked.

"I'm new here. I need my schedule." I replied with a soft voice.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Brooke Ramsey." I replied.

"Ah, here you are." The lady smiled. She handed me the schedule. "Welcome, Brooke."

"Thank you." I smiled and grabbed the schedule. I walked out reading the schedule. My first period was physical education, ugh. I hate physical education. It's exhausting. The only game I like to play is kickball.

"Brooke?" A familiar voice yelled from across the hallway. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. I didn't recognize her. "Oh my god, you're back! Don't you remember me? I'm Kristen!"

"Oh, Kristen." I nodded and hugged her back. "I totally remember now."

"When did you come back?" Kristen asked and walked with me down the hallway.

"Saturday." I replied.

"Where are you heading to right now?" Kristen asked.

"Uh, physical education." I sighed.