3

h a r r y

It's bad that Brooke is noticing everything that I do. My gold eyes, my cold skin, my speed, and my strength. She can't know that I'm a vampire, she's the only one who doesn't think I'm a creep. Everyone else does. From the outside, they look at me as if they were terrified. But from the inside, they make fun of me. I can read their minds and I can tell what's going to happen in the future. That's why I saved Brooke on the stairs. And every time I cover my nose when she's around is because I can smell her blood and I really want to bite her but I know how to control my thirst. I'm a newborn. Recently last year, my dad taught me how to control my thirst to be around humans.

I knew she wanted to kiss me at the party, that's why I walked away. I wanted to kiss her too but then I would go out of control and bite her. I don't want to hurt her. I've never really kissed a girl. I was barely dating one when I was still human but then I got bitten because I was in the streets about to die. So my foster dad found me and bit me so I could survive. I broke up with her so she wouldn't find out that I was a vampire and I moved to New York City. The reason why I moved to New York is because it's always cold there. The sun usually doesn't come out but if it does, people would notice that I'm different.

Everyone in this school thinks I'm weird because I'm bipolar and not easy to talk to. But if they actually got to know me, I'm actually pretty nice. Unless if I don't like them or I want to suck the blood out of them. That's why I like Brooke. She's the only one who doesn't think I'm weird. But I also don't like her because she's the one who makes me want her blood. I'm trying to control my thirst when I'm around her but I just want to kiss her and bite her at the same time.

I got so mad today when I came in to school because I saw all these guys surrounding Brooke. Brooke seemed uncomfortable and she wanted to leave them but they were high and they just wanted to rape her. Their thoughts were very loud which pissed me off even more. I pushed them away from her and pushed the one who was touching her against the locker.

"Why are you touching her like that?" I asked.

"Put me down, weird kid." He replied and I got really mad. I put him down and looked at him as he laughed. Then, they ran away like a bunch of pussies. I walked away and Brooke caught up to me.

"Harry, wait!" She yelled. "Why are you mad?"

"Those dirty perverts were thinking such horrible things to do to you." I said.

"How do you know?" Brooke stopped in front of me.

"Because you could tell." I walked to the cafeteria and Brooke followed me. "Could you stop following me?"

"Why do you care so much if I get hurt? I can take care of myself." Brooke said. I looked at her and stopped walking.

"That doesn't matter." I scoffed. "Can't you just be thankful? I could've let that thing fall on top of you and I could've let those guys rape you in the janitor's closet."

"Thank you." Brooke said right away. I sat down on my table and she stood up in front of me.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "You can go sit with your friends now."

"I don't want to." Brooke shrugged. "I'm going to sit down with you."

Brooke sat down with me and the second she sat down with me, everyone got quiet and stared at us.

"You're making a mistake." I whispered. "Everyone will judge you."

"I don't care." Brooke smiled. She looked at everyone and stood up. "Keep doing what you're doing."

Everyone proceeded but kept on staring at us.

"Brooke!" Kristen yelled across the cafeteria. "Come here."

"Nah." Brooke shook her head and looked at me.

"Go with your friends." I rolled my eyes.

"No!" Brooke protested. "See, this is why people don't talk to you. Because you push people away. Well, you're not pushing me away. You even said last night that you wanted to get to know me."

"I do." I nodded. "I'm just worried that people will start to do bad things to you because you hang out with me."

"I don't care." Brooke smirked. "They could do all they want to me."

"You really want to be my friend, don't you?" I scoffed. "Why? You'll find out things about me that will creep you out."

"I'm not scared of you." Brooke smiled.

"You will be until you find out that I'm your biggest fear." I grinned. Brooke's smile faded away and she furrowed her eyebrows. "So Brooke, what do you want to know about me?"

"Why are people so terrified of you?" Brooke asked.

"Because they think I look at them like they're a meal." I rolled my eyes. "They're not terrified. If anything, all they do is judge me."

"Well they're stupid." Brooke rolled her eyes and scoffed. "They don't even know you. You know? Kristen's been telling me to stay away from you but I don't think she's right."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked. "It's a waste of your time, seriously."

"Because I know you're not weird." Brooke laughed. "You're not what people say you are. You know that, right?"

I widened my eyes and looked at her, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that people say you're weird because they see you in a way that's not good. I see you in a different way." Brooke smiled.

"You don't think I'm weird on how I knew where you lived?" I asked.

"Surprisingly, no." Brooke shook her head.

"You didn't think I was weird when I climbed up your window?" I asked.

"You took me by a surprise but no." Brooke smiled. "Harry, there's weirder things than that."

"You're not like the other people in this school, you're different." I leaned my elbows against the table and looked at her.

"How am I different?" Brooke asked along with a smirk. She leaned in on the table with her elbows and looked at me too.

"I don't know." I looked at her. "You just really want to get to know me. Why do you find me interesting?"

"I mean, you're not like the other guys. When I first saw you, I thought you were gonna be like one of those assholes." Brooke laughed. "But you're not, you keep to yourself."

"I can't let you know anything about me. I'll scare you." I nodded and looked down.

"Again, you don't scare me." Brooke shook her head.

"I don't?" I raised my eyebrows. "I don't scare you?"

"No." Brooke cleared her throat. "You don't, why would you?"

"Because like I told you before, I'm your biggest fear." I replied with a smirk.

"How are you my biggest fear?" Brooke asked.

"You said it." I whispered. "I'm not what people say I am."