20 .

b r o o k e

"Am I still going to go to school?" I asked Victor.

"Yes, of course. We all graduated so you have to too." Victor smiled. "Tomorrow you're going back but please, don't bite anyone. It could reveal our secret."

"I'll try to control my thirst." I laughed and smacked my lips.

"You should've by now, you've been here for two weeks." Victor smiled. "Don't worry, we like to hurt humans but not at school. Alright?"

"Okay." I nodded. "Is it okay if I go clear some things out with, uh, with Harry?"

"I mean, yeah. As long as he doesn't become your boyfriend again." Victor scoffed. "Off you go though."

"Okay." I nodded and walked out of the house. Harry and I were meeting at the woods, close to his house and close to mines. I ran to where we were meeting and I could hear him running towards me. We stopped in front of each other and sighed.

"Brooke. I need to talk to you." Harry said. "This isn't you, Brooke. You're not bad like them. They like to hurt humans."

"They do but they've been so nice to me ever since I got there." I replied. "I can't go back there with you guys."

"They are crazy, Brooke. The Pattersons are crazy." Harry stated. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"I'm not going back to your family. They're the reason why I do all of this. They are the reason why I turned into a vampire." I shrugged. "And you and I are never going to get back together."

"Never?" Harry asked.

"Never." I shook my head. "But even if I wanted to, we can't. We're enemies. But just because we can't be together doesn't mean I don't want you."

"Brooke, you don't like to hurt humans right?" Harry asked. "You don't do that."

"I mean, every day they bring people who were criminals to this world and they're our meal for the day. If we're hungry later on, we go hunting." I explained. "Which reminds me, I'm going to bring my father to them. He's going to be our meal tomorrow."

"Your father?" Harry asked. "Brooke, he's your dad. Why are you going to hurt him?"

"He cheated on my mom. I need to get revenge. After Veronica's baby's born, I'll kill her too." I smiled.

"Are you listening to what you're saying?" Harry said. "The Brooke that I'm in love with would never do this. It's like if I don't know you anymore."

"Harry, you don't understand!" I yelled. "He hurt my mom. And now because of them, I left my mom alone. My mom's all alone. I can't let him get away with this! He deserves to be tortured. I'm not going to finish him myself, I'm just going to watch him get tortured and killed."

"Who are you, Brooke?" Harry clenched his jaw and looked at me. "Like I said, the Brooke that I'm in love with would never do this."

"People change, Harry." I replied. "It's time you realize that."

"You know what? Do whatever you want." Harry shook his head. "Just think about what you're doing."

"I already did." I shrugged. Harry ran off and so did I but instead of going home, I went to where my dad works. When I got out of the woods, I started walking like a human. I got to my dad's building and went inside. I took the elevator which was surrounded by all these people.

I held my breath until it opened. I walked out and was about to go in. I went inside his office and sighed.

"Look, Dad. I need to talk to you. I'm sorry for what I said about three weeks ago or so." I crossed my arms.