23 .

b r o o k e

I had to go to my dad's office where the police was waiting for me. I wasn't going to go to jail or anything but they want to ask me some questions.

"What do you guys want?" I asked as I leaned against the wall.

"I believe you are Mr. Ramsey's daughter." The cop said. "He was last seen a week ago and he never came back. Do you have any idea where he's at?"

"No." I shook my head.

"You were the last person he was with!" Veronica yelled as she cried.

"And you were the last person he had sex with." I replied. "So what if I was the last person who saw him? I went to lunch with him and then after that, he left. I don't know where he went after that."

"Someone saw you take him to the woods, Ms. Ramsey. What'd you do to him there?" The cop asked.

"I had lunch with him at my house. That's where I live." I sighed. "After that, he left. I don't know, he probably got lost in the woods."

"Look, Ms. Ramsey. Assassinating is a very serious crime." The cop sighed and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Wow, do you actually think I killed my own father?" I laughed and walked up to him. "Why would I kill him? This is absurd!"

"We're not accusing you of anything. But if you did, I suggest you turn yourself in now."

"I did not kill him and if you think I did, well then I guess you better watch out because you might be next." I whispered. "Look, I'm not saying I killed him. All I'm saying is that if you think I did, then I'm pretty sure you won't have the guts to mess with me. Even if you think I killed him, you have no evidence. So you can't put me in jail for that. I'm pretty sure he's dead though, I haven't heard from him. And he wasn't ready to be lost in the woods. He didn't have anything to survive with. It's been a week. You really think he's walking around, still alive? No. He's dead. So I suggest you just give up on looking for him. What's the whole point? By the time you find him, you're going to find him dead. And Veronica, stop being so optimistic."

"Why are you saying this like if you don't care about your dad? He's your father!" Veronica yelled.

"I don't care if he's dead!" I yelled. "He cheated on my mom because of you!"

I came close to Veronica as she looked down, "You ruined my family! You're the reason why I hate him!"

"He loved me, not your mom!" Veronica yelled. I slapped her on the face as hard as I could.

"Shut up!" I yelled and bent down to look at her since she was sitting down. "Dad still loved mom but just because you're young and pretty, he chose you. Mom and dad had sex last time. The time before you had sex at my mom's house, they did it. Do you know what that means?"

"So you're saying he cheated on me?" Veronica looked down. "I'm going to kill him."

"Don't worry." I said and stood up. "I'm pretty sure he's already dead."

I walked out of the office after a decade and finally took off.

//////.

"Wait, so you killed your own dad?" William asked.

"Yup." I nodded as I got a cup out of the refrigerator.

"And you're proud of it?" William asked.

"Nope. But I'm glad I did it." I smiled as I grabbed a bag of blood, opened it, and filled the cup with blood. "Don't worry, I burned the body into ash so they won't ever find evidence of me killing."

"She's smart." William laughed and looked at Harry.

"I was going to kill him and then Harry came and stopped him. So I threw my dad to the side and he kind of cut himself with some branches and he started bleeding. And we all know where that leads to." I explained.

"And so that's why Brooke needs to learn how to control her thirst." Harry said.

I nodded and drank some blood, "In eight more months. It has to be after I kill Veronica."

"You're going to kill the mistress too?" William asked. "You're not doing this for sport, right?"

"I'm doing it for revenge, calm down." I said.

"But then who's going to take care of her baby?" William asked. "Your half-sibling will be a foster kid because of you."

"No because my mom's going to get re-married and she will adopt the baby." I smiled and sat down. William's jaw dropped and looked at Harry.

"How are you so optimistic about the future?" He asked. "How is she so optimistic?"

"I can only tell the future about vampires and the bad things that are going to happen." Harry shrugged. "Maybe she can tell the future about everything. William, how can she have three powers?"

"Three powers? What do you mean?" Harry asked. I pretended not to listen to them but I was listening.

"She can read minds, if she concentrates enough and says the word 'fire' she'll light up what she wants to light up, and now she can tell the future? About everything?" Harry asked as if he was surprised.

"There's special vampires that have all sorts of powers. You only have two but maybe she'll discover other powers along the way." William scoffed.

"Can vampires still get pregnant like humans?" Harry asked. I widened my eyes and kept on pretending to not listen but I was.

"It's conceivable." William shrugged. "Why?"

"Well, Brooke wants to get pregnant and she's really sad that she can't really get pregnant now that she's a vampire. How is it conceivable?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. I just know it's happened before in our vampire history." William stood up and walked away.

///////////

"Let's do it." I said out of nowhere. "Let's have sex."

"Right now?" Harry asked. "I-I actually want to wait."

"Wait until what?" I asked.

"Until marriage." Harry shrugged. "Don't you want to get married first?"

"Marriage?" I hesitated and looked down. "It's too early to get married. We got back together last week or two weeks ago."

"I'm not saying we have to get married right now." Harry scoffed.

"So we can't have sex right now?" Brooke sighed. "I really want to have sex with you."

"Why?" Harry asked. "Is this about having a baby? Brooke, I know how much you want a family. But you already have one. You know how hard it is having a child in our family? It's dangerous. Our enemies could come and take it away from us. You don't want that, do you? Besides, you're going to have a baby sibling. You could take care of that baby. Yeah?"

"I guess." I shrugged and smiled. "Ugh. I hate you."

I pushed him playfully and laughed.

"Why?" Harry laughed and got close to me once again.

"You're always helping me and making me feel better. Thank you but it makes me get my hopes up." I smiled. "But I love you."

"I love you more." Harry bit my ear and I pushed him away. "Shit! Watch out, you're stronger than I am right now."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him even more as I laughed, "You're such a pussy."