2 .

B R O O K E

It was already Wednesday and things were going pretty were going pretty well at school. I have like five friends and everyone else things I'm weird because I sit next to Harry in English and because I have the guts to talk to him.

"What do you know about Harry? I mean, why do people think he's weird?" I asked Kristen as we sat down on the lunch table with our food.

"What do I know about Harry?" Kristen asked. "I know a lot of stuff about him. He's adopted. People think he's weird because he doesn't really talk to anyone. Even though he's really cute, everyone's scared of him. All girls kind of had a crush on him but apparently, no one's good enough for him."

I looked at him across the cafeteria until we made eye contact.

"Stop looking at him." Kristen whispered.

"I'll look at him, I don't care." I half smiled and kept on looking at him. Harry furrowed his eyebrows and looked away.

"Does he have siblings?" I asked and finally looked away.

"Yeah. They're out of town though." Kristen replied. "They're just like Harry, they keep to themselves."

"Oh." I said. I looked at Harry again and he was already staring at me.

"Seriously, Brooke. Don't waste your time on him." Kristen laughed.

"I'm not, I just find him interesting." I shrugged and scoffed.

..

After lunch, I had a free period. I didn't know what to do on my free period so I just went outside and sat down on the grass. I listened to my own music and just relaxed.

"I think it's the best time to tell you that you shouldn't be talking to me." Someone next to me said. I looked and it was Harry.

"What?" I asked and took my headphones off.

"I said that now would be the best time to tell you that-"

"No, I heard you the first time." I said. "But why?"

"Because everyone thinks I'm weird and if you talk to me, I'll probably hurt you." Harry whispered. "So we shouldn't be friends.."

"We weren't even friends. We just talk in English because we're partners. That's it." I shrugged.

"Okay, good." Harry clinched his jaw, stood up, and walked away really quick.

"What the..." I laughed and looked down.

Later on in the afternoon, I walked home. I've been walking home for the past two days. I got home and both of my parents were there.

"She's here!" Dad yelled with a smile.

"Brooke, how are you?" Mom asked. I locked the door and put my backpack on the couch.

"I'm good." I smiled.

"How was school? Meet any boys?" Mom asked.

"Boys? My ass. She's seventeen. Too young to date." Dad rolled his eyes. I sat on the table with them and sighed.

"Nothing to worry about, dad. No boys." I shook my head and laughed. "I'm going to my room."

"You're not hungry?" Mom asked.

"No. Not really." I sighed and went up to my room. I was really tired today. All I wanted to do was take a nap. But then Kristen called me.

"What's up?" I asked and laid down on my bed.