10 .

h a r r y

Today's the day, prom. We're juniors but at least we can still go to prom. I wore a black vest with a white shirt under it and some black dressing pants. I rolled my sleeved up so it would look better. I bought Brooke a white corsage since her dress is white and some flowers too.

I was kind of nervous because it was the first time I knocked on her door. I usually just go through her window. And what got me even more anxious was that her dad opened the door.

"Hello." I said as he mugged me and chewed gum.

"You're here for Brooke?" Her dad asked. "I'm Scott, by the way."

"I'm Harry. Nice to meet you, sir." I shook his hand and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Your hand is very cold." He pointed out. I laughed nervously and looked down.

"I'm a very chilly person." I smiled. Scott kept on looking at me without a smile which made my smile fade away.

"Well, Brooke isn't really ready yet so you want to come in?" Scott asked. "No? Okay."

"Scott, be nice!" Rebecca yelled from the living room as I heard her footsteps approach to the door. She smiled at me and moved her husband to the side. "Sorry, jealous dad. How are you, Harry?"

"I'm good, ma'am." I smiled and looked at her awkwardly. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Rebecca smiled. "Brooke, he's here!"

"May I come in?" I asked awkwardly and looked down.

"Oh! Sure." Rebecca smiled but then Brooke came.

"You don't need to let him in anymore." Brooke laughed nervously as she looked at her parents and then she looked at me. "Hi.."

"Hi." I said with a smile. We looked at each other for about two minutes.

"We should probably go." Brooke scoffed and walked next to me. "Okay, I'm leaving."

"Have a good time, honey." Rebecca smiled and hugged her. "Bye, Harry. Take good care of her, alright."

"Bye, Brooksie. Have a good time, sweetheart." Scott hugged Brooke and looked at me. "Watch out, okay?"

"Okay, love you guys." Brooke smiled and walked away with me. She held my arm as we walked together to school.

"I'm speechless." I said as I walked with her. "Oh and I couldn't give you this since your parents were there but here's your corsage."

"It's pretty." Brooke smiled and looked at it.

"I'll just put it on your wrist." I smiled and put it on her wrist. Brooke looked at me and smiled.

"You look handsome." She said as we kept on walking.

"You look beautiful, that's why I was speechless when I saw you." I said and kept on walking with her.

"Wow, this all happened too fast." Brooke scoffed. "I've only been here for two months and I'm already going to prom. I'm even dating you and everyone thinks you're a god or something. And everyone thinks I'm just something else rolling around in the wind."

"They do think that of you." Harry squinted his eyes and I laughed and looked at him. "No, really. They do. I read their minds. Anyway, they think that of you. But I don't. I mean, I'm not even human."

"Does anyone else know about your secret?" Brooke asked.

"No. You're the only one that know." I smiled and we came into the school. Prom was at the gym but the gym was pretty huge so it did look like a prom. We came in and everyone was dancing already.