Chapter 5 (editing)

In the hospital...

"So Eve. Who was that hot chunk you were talking to in the lobby?" Eve's friend Lydia asked. Lydia is in her mid twenties, red hair and has a perfect figure that any girl would die for. Although she is older than Eve, Eve is more matured than Lydia. They have been best friends since Eve have become a permanent resident in NYC hospital.

"Who do you mean?" Eve replied with a question.

" Ow you know about whom I meant Missy?"

"Nope. I seriously don't know about who you are talking about?". Eve replied with a an innocent look.

"Oh please. Don't pretend you don't know. Am talking about that Greek god who was admitted here this morning. I think I heard you calling him Mr Jameson in the lobby. I've seen him the way he was looking at you."

"Lydia you were listening to our conversation? That's bad. Mind your business".

"I was minding my own business. But you can't just ignore such a delicious piece of meat walking around in the hospital. Its not everyday you see such a drop dead gorgeous handsome walking around in a hospital."

"Lydia. Stop. Control your hormones. Aren't you suppose to be in the clinic with Dr. Olly"

"Well I have some time"
Beep beep.

"Oh geez I got to be in the OR. Dr. Michaels just paged me. He needs me in the OR. See you later. Bye".
With that Eve hurried off to the OR.

Meanwhile..

"Where can I find Dr. Eve summers? I need to see her " Jonathan asked the receptionist.

"And you are?" The receptionist replied.

"I am Jonathan Jameson. I was admitted here a couple of hours ago. I need to see Dr. Summers." Jonathan answered.

"Dr. Summers is presently in he OR. She can't attend you at the moment. Wait in he lobby. I will send someone to treat you"

"No. I am not having any problem. I just need to see her."

"Are you a friend or a relative?" The receptionist asked

"No am not." Jonathan replied.

" So am sorry you can't meet Dr Summers unless you have an appointment"

Jonathan asked for Sam's help with a pleading look.
Huffing.. Sam stepped in. "Move" he said to Jonathan.

"Hey miss Anabeth" reading the name tag. "Say what time does your shift gets over?" Sam asked with his well known charming smile.

"Well my shift will be over in an hour."the receptionist replied falling for his charm.

"So why don't we grab a cup of coffee after your shifts gets over in Starbucks?"

"Alright then. I will be waiting here " the receptionist replied with a blush on her face.

"And you see. My friend here wants to meet Dr. Summers. Can you arrange a meeting between them?".

"I will see what I can do. Meanwhile why don't you sit in the lobby." The receptionist replied with an excitement on her voice.

Turning around and walking towards the lobby Sam said "see. Easy peasy. No one can say 'No' to this face" pointing toward his face.

"Seriously? You flirted with the receptionist? Couldn't you just convince her without flirting with her?" Jonathan replied.

"Yeah. I saw that when you were doing it".

"You could've bribed her"

" Man. It doesn't work like that. At least not in the hospital. And besides you should thank me"

"Geez thanks. I don't know what would I've done without you" Jonathan replied rolling his eyes.

"I know man you love me. And can't do anything without me. You owe me one".

"Oh really? I think you should be the one in my debt. Remember the times I helped you when.." before completing the sentence Sam stopped him.

"Alright alright. Don't remind me all those horrible memories".

"You're lucky I haven't told anyone."

"Yeah yeah." Sam said rolling his eyes.

In the OR

"And done. Thanks Dr. Eve for scrubbing in with me today." Dr Michaels thanked Eve.
"No problem Dr. Michaels. Whenever there is neuro involved. I am involved. It's my job." Eve replied.
"Geez you're married to neuro." Dr Michaels replied with a sarcasm.
"Oh yes. And am happily married" replying to his sarcasm with a huge smile.
"Alright we will keep the patient for two more days under observation to see if he makes any progress. If he does we will discharge him then. Dr.Summers go and inform Mr Rickardo's family about the operation being successful and we have to keep him for two more days in the hospital. They are waiting in the waiting room"

"Yes sir." Dr Eve replied.

She left the OR.

In the waiting room.

"Dr Summers. There is someone here to meet you" the receptionist Annabeth called for her.

"Who?"asked Eve.

"Mr. Jonathan Jameson. He is waiting for you in the lobby".

"Okay. But first I need to do something. Can you tell him to wait for me. I will be there in a minute"

"Of course Dr.Summers" with that the receptionist left for the lobby.

Dr Eve went to meet the patient's family yo break the news.

"Mr Rickardo. Your father will live. The operation was successful."

"Thank you so much. Just call me Matthew. My father is Mr. Ricardo." Matthew replied with a huge smile.

"Okay Matthew. We will be keeping him for two more days under observation. After that you can take him home." Eve replied with a kind smile.

"Thank you so much. You kind of remind me of someone. But I don't remember"

"Yeah.. I get that a lot. Well Matthew if there is any problem you can come and meet me in the office. "

"Of course Dr summers. And Thank you once again"

"No problem. Its my duty. Well I need to be somewhere. So if you will please excuse meh?".

"Well. Of course. Thank you once again. Hope to see you again Dr. Summers".

After saying goodbye she went for the lobby wandering why would Jonathan wants to meet her?