Chapter 13

"Where are you taking me?" Eve asked.

"It's a surprise."

Silence..

This has been happening for the last 20 minutes of their car drive.
Jonathan has planned a perfect date for Eve. He just don't want to ruin the surprise by spilling everything.

After a few minutes. The car halted just outskirts of the city near the forest.
Seeing this, Eve got frightened. Getting pale.
" You're not here to kill me and dump my body in the near forest right? Look I am too young to die."

"What are you talking about Eve? I am not gonna kill you. I have brought you here for a date. Remember?"

Hearing this Eve sighed a relief. The Jonathan's statement brought colour to her face. But her face turned into curiosity.

"Then what are we doing here in the middle of nowhere? How can this place be suitable for a date?"

"It's a surprise Eve" Jonathan smiled. He took out a small red cloth out of his pocket. And then he blindfolded her.

"Jonathan what are you doing? Why have you blindfolded me?" Eve asked in curious. The silence car ride, place outskirts the city and now he has blindfolded her  has left her wandering what kind of surprise he has planned?
Jonathan opened the door for her and asked her to step out.
She did.

"Just be patient my love. We're almost there."

After hearing the word 'love', a small tint of blush appeared in her cheeks.

Jonathan took her hand and lead her  inside the forest. After 2 minutes of walking they finally reached their destination.

Eve could hear water flowing. It's like they are near a river. This has made her more confused.

Then they both stopped walking.

Jonathan opened her blindfold and said "I know this isn't much but I tried my best."

Eve opened her eyes and saw the most beautiful view she has ever seen in her life. A river fall and the water flowing crashing the rocks. And there stood a table not far away from the river with two chairs above the grasses with a bottle of wine on the table. And there were lanterns hanging from the trees. Although there were flowers but they were far away from the place they were gonna sit.

"OMG. This is perfect. I love it." Eve chirped. Turning to Jonathan "Thank you so much Jonathan. No one has ever done something like this to me." And with excitement she hugged Jonathan.
After realizing what she has done? She let go of him. "I am sorry." Eve apologised with a little blush on her cheeks.
The hug made Jonathan stood still. It was unexpected. The simple gesture brought a jolt of electricity in his body.
"Jonathan?" Eve called him.
This brought him out of his reverie.
"I am glad you loved it " Jonathan was grinning. He was so glad that she liked it. He was wandering what would've happened if she didn't like it?

"So let's dine then" Jonathan said extending his hand.

"Okay." Eve complied.

After a while....

"Omg. Then what did you do?" Eve couldn't control her laughter. Jonathan has been telling her one of his childhood story to her. Drinking some wine.

"Then Sammy ran around the house yelling 'I am gay'. His mother nearly had an heart attack after hearing this. When we explained it to her that it was just a dare, she calmed down. She smacked Sammy on her head in front of everybody. My parents, grandma, his mother, my cousin and her parents , we all laughed. Sammy was so embarrassed that he didn't show his face to us for the whole week."