Chapter 7(editing)

After few hours...
In the hospital (locker room)

"You said what?" Lydia yelled at Eve.

"I told him I am not ready. That's it."

"Why? You don't get such a delicious looking piece of meat asking you out everyday."

"Lydia. Stop calling him delicious looking piece of meat."

"Okay okay. Look girl. You need to chill in your life. Enjoy your life a little. Loosen up a little."
"Hey. I am enjoying my life."

"Doing surgeries in the hospital and after that going home  watching only 'Grey's Anatomy' in the television while having ice cream sitting on the couch is not called enjoying your life "

"Hey. I watch 'Teen wolf' too" Eve argued .

"Look. What I mean is that there is a life outside the life you are pursuing. Enjoy it as much as you can. So that you won't regret it later. Just let go of the past. It's time to move on. "

"It's not easy to let go of the past."
"Of course not. But you could try. Call that hunk. Here. Take the phone." Lydia said handing over Eve's cell phone to Eve.

"I don't even have  his number." Eve replied in a sad voice.
As at that moment her cell phone started ringing.

It's going down. I am yelling Timber. You better move. You better dance.

"Seriously? You put that as your ringtone?" Lydia commented.

"I love the song." Eve pouted.

Seeing the caller ID, Eve answered with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey dad. How are you?"

"Hey princess. I am fine. How's my little girl?"

"Dad. Don't call me princess. I am not 5 year old anymore."

"You will always be my little princess whether you like it or not?"

"Okay dad. I am at work. Why have you called me? I know you're not calling me just to check up on me"

"Can't a dad call his daughter just to ask her how she has been?"

"Dad come straight to the point."

"Okay Dr Summers. It's been a long time since we had a father-daughter day. So how about we have lunch together this weekend? Just you and me. No business, no Paul and no Derek. Just you and me.I promise."

"Okay.I hope you keep your promise this time. You know what happened last time? You stood me up because of a meeting."

"Don't worry. This won't happen again. I even told Carla to clear all my schedule that day."

"Okay. Fine. Just you and me. But no one."
"I promise "
"Alright then. I will see you this weekend."
"Same place?"

"Same place."

"Bye.Love you"

"Love you too dad."
She hung up.

"Well I am having a date this weekend with my dad after such a long time." Eve said with a smile.

"Yeah. It's been a long time since you've last met your dad and your brothers."

"Dr Summers. The patient in room 3022 is looking for you." A small voice interrupted their conversation.

Turning around they saw a small petite nurse standing there in the doorway.

"Who is in room 3022?" Eve asked the nurse.

"The man whom you operated today this morning,Mr Ambrose Rikardo. He is awake. And is asking for you.."

"Why? I thought Dr.Michaels is in charge of that patient." Eve asked with curiosity in her voice.

"I don't know. He specifically asked for you. You better hurry.He is not a patient man".

"Alright. I am on my way. And also page Dr. Michaels to come and meet me there."

"No Dr. Summers. He just wants to see you. But no one. Dr. Michaels was there but he send him off. You better hurry Dr. Summers".                                   After that the nurse left leaving puzzle Eve behind.

"Did she say Ambrose Rikardo?"
Lydia asked terrifed.

Eve nodded.

"Do you know who he is?" Lydia continued to ask.
Eve shook her head.

"Seriously? Don't you watch news? Don't you watch anything besides Grey's Anatomy and Teen wolf?"

"Spit it out already " Eve ordered at Lydia frustrated with the suspense.

"Ambrose Rikardo runs the drug cartel all over USA. He is one of the strongest mafia family. I thought you knew that."

This brought Eve a shrill through her spine.

"No. I didn't. Hell. I am not even his doctor. I was asked to scrub in with Dr. Michaels in the OR this morning." Eve explained in a panic tone.

"Eve. Be careful." After a long pause. Lydia continued "You should better get going. Better not keep him waiting "

"Yes. I should probably get going"

Eve left the locker room and began walking towards room 3022 with nervousness.

Reaching room 3022 she saw that there were two men armed with guns waiting outside the room.

Seeing her coming one of the guards asked in a deep thick voice Eve "Are you Dr.Summers?"

Eve nodded.

"He is waiting for you. Go right in."

Eve obeyed and entered the room.

She saw two men inside the room. One was standing and the other was lying on the bed. The former she recognised as Matthew Rikardo whom she met in the waiting room a few hours ago. And the latter she was having a hunch that it was the patient Ambrose Rikardo lying on the bed. He is in his early fifties and and looks like an older version of Matthew Rikardo. And right now he is being attached to multiple IV tubes and looks ghostly pale.

"Hello Mr. Rikardo I am.."

"Dr Eve Summers." Senior Rikardo completed her sentence in a thick voice." I know who you are. You look just like her." He finished his sentence with twinkle in his eyes.

"I am sorry. Who do I look like?" Eve asked in a soft tone.

"Why don't you sit here?" He said pointing to the chair near his bed. "I got so much to tell you. It's time for you to know the truth." He began.