Chapter 8(editing)

"Aaaah. My head hurts like hell"
Jonathan woke up with a massive headache.

"How did I get home last night?"
Jonathan asked himself try recalling the last night's events

After few minutes he heard someone mumbling in her sleep.
After removing the blankets he found himself naked and there was a naked girl lying beside him.

"Shut the blinds" the girl mumbled again.

"Heaven Lord. What did I do last night?" Jonathan trying hard by pressure more to himself to recall what exactly happened last night. But all he can come up with more headache.

He got out of the room silently trying not to wake up the mysterious girl. After reaching the living room, he picked up the resident's phone and dialled Sam's number.

Sam picked up in the second ring.

"Hello Sam. What happened last night?" Jonathan asked Sam coming directly straight to the point.

"Hello Jonathan. I hope you are calling to apologise."  Sam replied.

"Why should I apologise to you? Tell me what happened last night. I can't remember a thing. There is a naked girl in my room. How did she get there?" Jonathan asked confused.

"Well last night was pretty eventful.You drank like there was no end tomorrow. I had to stop you from drinking. We argued. And you punched me on my face. Then after that a chick with big b***s came and ask you take to your place which you happily agreed to and after that you called for a cab since you cannot drive 'drunk' and left the place. This is pretty much what happened last night." Sam told the completed the story in one breath.

"All this happened and you didn't stopped me."

"Well I tried to but you punched me. You should apologise to me after you pulled that stunt on me last night"

"Okay okay. I am sorry. I didnt mean to man. You know what happens to me after I consume too much alcohol.."

"Okay. I forgive you."

"Hey good morning." The girl whom he saw in his bedroom wished him coming out of his bedroom wearing just her bra and penty.

"Hey Sam. I gotta go." Without waiting for an answer he hung up.

Turning towards the girl.

"Hey. What's your name?"

"Cassandra. I told you last night" she replied plainly.

"Yeah right. Ummm Cassandra I am leaving for work in an hour. Feel free to use the shower. And should I call you a cab to take you home?"

"So that's it? I am just one of your one night stands?" She yelled at him.

"Look Cassandra. I was upset last night. So I went to the bar last night and kept on drinking. And then you came and you see I was  drunk when I brought you home last night. And when I am drunk I am not practically myself.I don't even remember what happened last night"

After saying this he felt a burning sting in his right cheek. Then he realized she slapped him. And then he saw her eyes becoming red and tears coming out of her eyes. She was sobbing.

"I hope you rot in hell and die." She went inside the bedroom and comes out fully clothed.
" Look I am sorry. I trully am." Jonathan started apologising.

"Save it. I am gonna ruin your life one day. Just remember my words." Cassandra warned him with hatred in her eyes.

After that she left the apartment.

Jonathan huffed.
" That's a good start to begin my day with."

Realizing that he was getting late, He hurried off to get ready for office.

In the office...

"Sir, you have a meeting this weekend with Mr. David White at one of your hotels. Hotel Sea Blue" Sally, his assistant said informing him about the meeting.

"Okay. At what time is it?" Jonathan asked.

"At morning sir"

"Alright. You can go now."

"Sir. Would you want me to come with you?"

"Did I asked you to come with me?" Sally shook her head.
"Then you are not coming. Get out" Jonathan barked at her.

"Yes. Sir. Okay sir." Being terrified of his wrath she left the room leaving Jonathan alone.

Meanwhile...(In the hospital)

"Hey Eve. It's almost lunchtime. Let's have some lunch. I am starving. You could do your paperwork later." Lydia came to Eve to take her out for lunch.

"It's not just paperwork Lydia. I have to do CT of Mrs. Eldridge. Her mind resets after every 30 second. She forgets everything after every 30 seconds. I think she is gonna need surgery. So sorry I can't have lunch now. And besides I already had lunch 1 hour ago" Eve replied turning down Lydia's offer.

"Okay." Lydia replied with sadness in her voice.

"I am sorry Lydia. I promise I will make it up to you. Now  I need to book OR 2. I have to do the surgery today. After that we can have dinner at my place?"

This brought  smile to Lydia's face.
"Okay. See you later."

After bidding goodbye to Eve by placing a small peck on her cheek, she left.

"Okay Eve. Let's go and book the OR 2 and inform the patient's family and also Dr.Michaels about the surgery which is gonna take 5-6 hours. After that you can go home, have dinner with Lydia and sleep. And don't forget you have lunch tomorrow with Dad. So don't forget to ask Alex to cover you up for few hours. You can do it Eve. You can do it" Eve left muttering to herself.