Chapter 11

"Well we have to re-attach his arm. No matter what. What do you say Dr. Michaels ?". Eve asked Dr. Michaels.

She still remembers what happened in the Emergency trauma room.

How the patient pleaded her to get his arm back. How his pregnant wife  fainted after seeing her husband in that state. This brought further complication to her and her baby. She can never forget their faces of horror. 

" I don't know if we can. I mean we still haven't found the arm yet. And if we don't find it within 24 hours, we can't reattach it. And his body tissues and cells won't accept the arm back if we find it after 24 hours. And even if we find it, we have to keep the arm alive. How do you suggest we keep it alive Dr. Eve?" replied Dr.Michaels.

" Yes that is a problem. We haven't found..."

Beep Beep..

Eve was interrupted with the sound of her pager.

"Sir. There is a good news. We have found the arm. And it is on the way to the hospital. " Eve replied with a huge smile after reading her pager.
She continued " and answer to your previous question. I have an idea Sir. We can keep the arm alive by reattaching it to his abdomen tomorrow. And tonight we have to keep the arm under observation for 24 hours.  This way we can keep the arm alive. After reattaching his arm to his abdomen, we can keep him under observation for few days. If the arm is responding to the tissues we can reattach his arm back to his original position."

Raising his eyebrows up Dr. Michaels asked. " Are you sure about it? Have this surgery being performed earlier in America before?" Dr. Michaels asjed

"No Dr. Michaels. Same thing  happened in Germany few years ago.  A person lost his arm while working in a machine. Luckily they found the arm and reattached it. And the operation turned out to be 100% successful. But if we performed it, this would be the first time in America."

" Okay then Dr. Eve. There is a huge risk. But we have to take it anyway  Why don't you have the patient and patient's consent If they agree, then we shouldn't waste time any longer"

"Ofcourse Dr. Michaels." Dr. Eve stood up to leave.

"And Dr Eve.?" Dr. Michaels called out to her.

"Yes Dr. Michaels" Eve responded turning towards Dr. Michaels.

"You're gonna be one hell of a good surgeon one day."

After few hours..
(In the hospital locker room)

"It has been an exhausting day Lydia. Surprisingly this day turned out to be from worst to pleasant." Eve said while sleeping on the couch keeping one leg on the floor and other leg on the couch crossing both her arms. She was totally drained off today after today's event.

"What do you mean?" Lydia asked in a happily. She didn't had much to do today in clinic. So she is not that tired. "Tell me what happened today? You were supposed to have lunch today with your father today. How did it turn out?"

"Not now Lydia. May be tomorrow. I am very tired now. Need some rest. Big day tomorrow."
When Lydia was about to reply, Eve's phone rang.

It's going down
Am yelling timber
You better move
You better dance

Eve checked her callerID before answering. She saw an unknown number. Whether to pick it up or not? She decided to answer her phone.

"Hello. Dr. Eve speaking. Who is this?" Eve answered.

"Hey. It's me. Jonathan."

After hearing his name, her heart started beating fast. Colour draining from her face.

After a long pause.

"Hello. You there?" Thinking she hung up on him, he spoke again to check if she is still in the line?

"Yeah. Yeah. I am here. How did you get my number? " Eve asked in a shock tone. She still remembers she didn't give him her number.

Lydia was still in he room. She completely forgot about her. Hearing the question what Eve asked, Lydia asked her in an inaudible voice "Who is it?"

"Well. I have my own sources." Jonathan replied with a smirk on his face.

Ignoring Lydia. Eve continued her conversation with him.

" Why have you called me?"

"To ask you whether you're free tomorrow or not?"

"Why?"

"I want to take you out tomorrow for dinner. And don't say no. You still owe me a date"

She completely forgot that she owes him a date. Being busy with the patient and preparing for tomorrow's operation, the oweing part completely flew out the window.

"Well I have a big surgery tomorrow afternoon. It may last upto 5-6 hours. So okay. I will have dinner tomorrow night with you."

Eve agreed to go out with him. She just needs this to be over as soon as possible.

"Well okay. Bye then. See you tomorrow. I will pick you up at 7 from your place. And good luck with your surgery."
With this he hung up.

"Okay so tell me what happened? Did I  hear it correctly that you're going dinner tomorrow night with someone?" Lydia started bombarding her with questions the moment she dropped the phone on the couch.

This startled her. She completely forgot that she was not alone in the room.

"And why are you not happy? You're finally moving on." Lydia just couldn't stop her questions. She asked whatever is coming first thing on her mind.

"Do you remember I went out for lunch today with my dad?" Lydia noded. Motioning her to continue with her story.

"Well.." Eve told everything about what happened today with her. From her father bailing on her leaving her with Jonathan to the phone call with him few minutes ago.

Lydia listened to her story silently. She she finished Lydia replied after a long pause.

"Wow. This is lot to take in for one day. I think you should go with him.. And this a chance for you to finally move on. God has given you another chance. Jamie is giving you another chance. Don't lose it. It's time to move on."

"I don't if I am ready it not? It's just one date. I just want this to get over soon."

" You dont know. May this one date can lead to something else.If you want I can help you getting ready tomorrow with the make up and all if you want. "

"Thank you so much. I love you so much. Lydia."

"No need for any thanks Eve. Just remember I am always there for you." With this they give each other a hug and left to get some dinner.

                       ...........
A/N

Well this is the next chapter. Sorry guys for late update. Been busy lately. Next chapter is The Date. I will be uploading soon the next chapter. I won't keep you longLove you guys. And please don't forget to follow, vote and comment.