16

I and the man had begun to go out occasionally, I was starting to like him too. His name was James.

"so you're into my looks?" he smirked, cocking a brow as I laughed.

"Maybe, you are pretty attractive" he waved his hands around his face for a moment, taking a sip of his drink and smiling.

"I think you're a beautiful girl, Madeleine" I turned away, smiling softly at his remark.

"thank you, James"

after we had finished eating he drove me home, attempting to open the car door for me.

"don't, I can do it" he startled, staring at me before laughing nervously.

"it's not you- I'm sorry. I just have some past stuff that... you know" he laughed, genuinely this time, wrapping two hands around my curves as he stared at me in the eyes.

"I understand, beautiful" I grinned, blowing him a foax kiss before he said goodbye and drove away, letting me walk inside.

I called out to my mom but after no response I figured I was home alone, going upstairs and changing into sweats and a bralette before heading back down and sitting in front of the tv, beginning to watch.

the movie was beginning to get interesting as the sun began to set, signaling my self set bedtime soon.

I had turned to engulf myself in the movie entirely until I heard a couple of frantic sounding knocks on the front door, cautiously getting up and making my way over to it.

the second I unlocked the door to peek out it swung open. I fell backward, whining out as I slammed my elbow against the floor.

"madeleine"

holy shit.

it was him.

it was Tom.

I scrambled backward, attempting to scurry away from Tom as he closed the door, grabbing me tightly.

"don't fucking do this again Tom! let me go!" I screamed, squirming around in his grasp as he held me.

I didn't stop squirming until I heard faint cries, my shoulder beginning to get wet as he held me.

"Are you... crying?" he continued to hold me, not letting me out of his grip, slowly sitting down on the floor.

we were now practically cuddling on the floor, his arms wrapped around me and my head pushed into his chest as I shifted to comfortably sit in his lap.

"Madeleine..." he could barely even get out words, every time he tried he gasped for air and cried more.

I had never seen Tom like this, it felt comforting to see him so vulnerable and know that he trusted me.

I slowly wrapped my arms around him, engulfing him entirely in me. I felt him smile against my neck as we continued to hug, his familiar scent filling my nose.

"I'm sorry, please don't leave me Madeleine" he finally managed to choke out, gripping me tighter after every word.

in most cases, I'd have told Tom about James by now, but this time was different, I knew Tom would hurt James, so I kept my mouth shut.

"I'm staying, baby" I felt his fingertips press harder into my back.

"I- I tried looking for you, I did, but I didn't wanna get killed in the process" he was stuttering and gasping as he cried, waiting for my response.

"Tom, you know I can't forgive you for that" he winced, sobbing more as he held me tighter.

"Please Maddy please..." he was begging now, grabbing me tighter as I held him back.

"I cant, Tom" He was fully blown crying, grabbing my shirt and holding me so tight I almost couldn't breathe

"please" I halted, my grip on his body beginning to loosen as I slowly began to slip out of his grip.

"I don't know anymore, Tom" I sighed, him finally allowing me free of his grip.

he stayed silent as he slipped himself up from the floor and looked at me, his eyes glossy and red.

"please leave" he stayed put, still completely silent. I watch his fingers peel at small scabs on his hands.

"before my mom gets home, Tom" I quickly grabbed his hands, wiping away the blood from the scabs he peeled off.

he shakily hugged me, wrapping his arms around me again.

"I'm sorry" was all he said as he gently rocked me back and forth, stroking his fingers through my hair as he held me.

when we pulled away, he slowly walked to the door, waving to me and leaving the house, shutting the door gently to avoid slamming.

I heard the gravel from my driveway crunch as his car pulled away, the sounds growing more and more distant until they were gone entirely.

I sighed, slipping myself back into a hall on the couch and unpausing my movie, feeling myself begin to succumb to sleep.

—{}—

A/N

I know I know
another long wait for such a short chapter

I'm really sorry, writing is a whole thing right now and I am stressed beyond belief

this chapter was extremely hard for me to write, as this is similar to something I went through.

I hope you understand
thank you for all the love