Chapter 3

We finally reached the docks of Windenburg after almost two weeks at sea.

Hunter and I helped the crew unload the ship before being dragged to the church to meet with the local Minister. The moment we entered the church, the Minister glared at us. "May I help you?" He asked a bit rudely. My father stepped up,

"Yes, Father. We want a wedding here for my daughter and her fiance." He tells the Minister. He looked at Hunter and me, then back to my father,

"I'm sorry, but we do not marry pirates." Part of me was excited to hear the Minister say that but then my father pulled out his purse and retrieved two gold pieces, showing them to the Minister.

"We urge you to reconsider, Father." And as if something took over him, the Minister put on a giant smile as he asked,

"When and what time would you like the ceremony?" I mentally slapped myself in the face. My father tells him he'd like us to marry in two days. The Minister nods, "I will have the church ready in time."

"Thank you, Father." My father says. We then went to the Inn to rest and prepare for the wedding.

As we reached the Inn, I wondered, "I suppose I should go dress shopping; I don't have a dress for the wedding." I say. Father turns to me, sighing,

"Come." He tells me. We make our way back to the ship and into his cabin. He pulls out a trunk before sitting beside me as he opens it. "This trunk holds all of your mother's belongings from the two years we were together." I look inside the trunk excitedly while he shuffles through until he pulls out a gorgeous dress that looks like it was dipped in gold. "Your mother wore this on our wedding day. She would want to see you in it on your big day." I take the dress and hold it against my body, staring into the mirror.

"Thank you, Father." I say, "It's perfect." He smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder,

"I'm certain you'll look as beautiful as your mother did." I smiled and hugged him. "I'll have someone bring the trunk to your room at the Inn so you can have it for the wedding." I nod,

"Thank you," I say as we return to the Inn again.

When the trunk was finally dropped off, I decided to go through it. I pulled out the dress and held it to my body once again. I decided to try it on. I stared at myself in the mirror as I glanced at the dress; it fits like a glove. Feeling the fabric hang on me made me feel closer to my mother. It will feel like she'll be there with me on that 'special' day.

I opened my eyes to see that I was in the ocean, but this time, it was different. I could see clearly; it was as if I was seeing it through someone else's eyes. The ocean looked beautiful through these eyes. Something was beckoning me to swim deeper into the water, to feel the ocean's dark depths engulf me. I couldn't resist the call to swim into the depths. I felt my body jolt back as I got deeper into the darkness.

My lungs felt like they were drowning as I shot up, gasping for air; my hand reaching for my heart. I wonder. What could these dreams mean? Could it be something dangerous? Or a secret to my past? Or my future? I sigh, thinking that everything will happen the way they need to. I lay back down, staring at the ceiling, terrified of having another dream...