Short story: Youngest True dragon Part 12

3rd Pov

Standing in the deepest part of the dwelling of spirit, Rimuru along Shizu and the childrens were all staring at the giant pillar of crystal...

The true home of the spirit queen and place where spirits gather naturally.

Ramiris could be seen showing off her chest as a smug look formed on her face.

Ramiris : Impressive right ! I upgraded it since the last time you came to Rimuru-chan.

Rimuru : Whoa, I can feel even more spiritual energy now...

Shizue and the others couldn't understand what they meant by that, as they weren't naturally able to feel spiritual power.

Shizue : Excuse me but is this the place where we summon spirits ?

Ramiris : Exactly human !

Smiling, Ramiris was clearly happy to have visitors and people interested in her work or job...she was rather lonely all this time.

The group then made its way up to the top of the pillar of crystal where a flat platform could be seen.

Standing a few meters from the center, Ramiris whispered something to Rimuru who nodded.

Rimuru : Shizu go with one child at a time, once you're at the center pray and spirit will come if they want.

Shizu : If they want, huh...

Pondering about it, Shizu realized that there was the possibility that no spirit came at all and this worried her...but then she saw the confident expression on Rimuru's face.

This managed to calm her down and take a hold of her emotion, with more courage she turned to the childrens who were confused by all this situation.

Shizue : Listen everyone !

Turning their attention to their teacher, the kids tensed up when a serious expression was displayed on her face.

Shizue : You all were fated to die in a few months...but I refused that and as I promised when we first met, I'm now going to save you.

Her words took a full minute before reaching the mind of the children...they froze and soon broke down...not believing her words.

Alice : I-is that true ? S-Shizu-sensei isn't lying right !

Kenya : T-there is no way...we were told that there was no way to save us !

Gale and Ryota nodded hesitating now...while Chloe just stared at her teacher silently, her eyes shifted on Rimuru for an instant and she knew...it was true.

They were going to be saved, tears formed in her eyes as she gripped her book tight.

Shizue : People abandoned you yet you all decided to believe in me, it's now time for me to honor this trust.

Finally, the children all broke into tears, they went to hug Shizue and cried louder.

The conqueror of flame startled and soon recomposed herself and returned the hug...all the warmth made her proud of herself...while patting their head, her eyes wandered on Rimuru.

The dragon just stared at them with a grin...he was clearly happy for everyone.

Ramiris : You look a lot more happy.

Rimuru : Is that so ? Well this all is a whole different feeling than the one i felt with my sisters.

Ramiris : I see, you changed...i guess it's just you growing...calling you a baby or children isn't accurate anymore...