The Thrombey Estate (Heylee POV)

Pulling into the Thrombeys estate I groan when I see the BMW in the pathway. Great! Ransoms here.
I'm not even out of the car and Ransom is slamming his palm into my window and scaring me.
"God damn it Ransom, Whats the matter with you?"

He smiled and laughed holding his chest in joy "Oh Hey Hey, nothing brings me more joy then scaring the shit out of you whenever I can."

I fake laugh but then opened my door quickly and hit him, causing him to giggle then grunt in pain. He knows I can't stand it when he calls me HeyHey.

He knows I'm only here to tutor Meg in Math. Harlan hired me a few months ago to help her grades. He offered me twice my ongoing rate, which I declined only wanting what I asked or the deal was off.

I march my way to the entry door when he swifts in front of me blocking my way inside. He's close enough that his nose could touch mine if I move any further.

" Let me ask you...why you tutor? Why teach any kids? You know Harlan loves you enough to leak you into our family's billions without ever having to ask for daddy's stolen money."

It's true, he would do that. For some reason I am one of his favorite people next to Marta. The three of us take turns playing Go after tutoring sessions. Marta is a good person, which is why I feel Harlan trusts her. Sure, He has other work people and of course his family, but they only see his money.

I understand first hand what its like to see money over people...and so does Ransom. Which is why he enjoys taunting me. He knows he's above me financially. All he wants now is to get above me...in other ways.

"Because I am an adult, and I'd rather make my money then get it handed to me without effort. Which leads me to believe why you're here. Come to ask Harlan for another loan?"

He smirks and shakes his head at me. " It's like you know me. How about you know me better...below the belt?" His hands find their way around my waist, which makes me tense. I shake my head, not out of disgust like he probably thinks but out of the thought of imagining him on top of me. There is no doubt he knows he's very attractive. Cocky bastard that he is.

Ever since we were kids I've always wanted Hugh Ransom Drysdale. When he was younger he was a firecracker. Always being brave and loud. He always wanted to be open and free and I envied him for it. Then after I left home to go to school he changed. He became the person that he is. Desperate and dirty. I know I can't be with him, so I say what I need to put us in our places.

" Never gonna happen...Hugh." Saying his first name reminded him that I consider myself the "Help". He would never sleep with the help. He considered himself better then to do that.

I move around him and head inside.

Meg and Harlan were playing Go in the study. I walked over to them and smiled, seeing that Megs game is not going in her favor.  He smiles at me and I nudge him.

Meg shakes her head at me as she places her last marker down. "I don't know how you always beat him at this game."
"It's cause I've learned your grandfathers strategy. When he places his first marker, I already figure where he wants his army layout and go against it."

"But he changes it all the time."
"And I've played with him longer then you have...but...if you ace your next test I'll give you the secret to beat him."

She smiled and shook my hand to seal the deal.
Meg collected her things and I told her we were gonna study outside on the patio today. I turned to Harlan and assured him that his game was still safe by giving him a wink with my eye.

Meg and I sit at the patio table for over an hour going over calculus and reminding her of how it can be easy once she learns the algorithm. She looks defeated with her studies and I tell her to take a break.