Attacked (Heylee POV)

It was nice and dark back near the side of the house. I didnt want to be bothered by anyone, even if only for a few minutes.

The years of verbal abuse and threats led me to cut them off. Not answering phone calls or texts, not publicly submitting my address so they wouldn't find me, thanks to Harlans help. Now, all thanks to Ransom, they found me.

At first I decided to stay quiet about my departure so they could continue to live their lives and try to keep their investors, or what's left of them. After tonight, I'm publicly announcing to everyone that I'll be filing a restraining order with my parents. So then from now on if anyone tells my parents where I am, they will be arrested for association.

I see through the side window Harlan yelling at Ransom about me, and I feel both anger and guilt. I'm angry at Ransom for bringing my parents here. For purposely hurting me. Then I feel guilty, cause Harlan admits to Ransom why I distanced from my parents.

That look of pity and remorse made me feel like a wounded bird in a thunderstorm. Trying to fly to safety but just end up getting caught in the wind.

Moving away from the window I hear someone walking behind me on the gravel, and then something hard hits the side of my head. I fall and the ground hurts my shoulder when the weight of my body lands on the rough rocks.

Dark shadows threaten to hit me once more but they set off the motion light and my vision blurs preventing me from seeing who was above me. When was that light put in? Whomever attacked me didnt realize the motion sensor either. The light is too bright and I close my eyes.

I don't know how long I lay till I feel hands lift me gently. Someone is desperately trying to wake me, moving my hair away from my face. The light still too bright to open my eyes fully but for a moment I recognize those blue green eyes anywhere.

"Ransom?" The effort to talk makes me sick to my stomach. The hit on my head makes everything else on my body hurt more.
"Heylee...Who did this?"
I shake my head. "I...I don't know..."

I feel myself losing consciousness again when Ransom supports my face and tries to keep me awake. His voice yells and begs for help but it just brings my head more pain. I hear him shouting numbers and street names until a roar of gasps and cries come from above me.

"What happened Ransom?" Harlan yelled as I build enough strength to keep my eyes open. Harlan kneels to my left and Ransom remain on my right.

"Someone attacked her. They ran off back towards the patio. We need to make sure no one leaves. The police and an ambulance is on the way, I called them."

Harlan holds my hand as I begin to shake from the cold. He assures me that I'm safe and that help is on the way.

"Heylee, Sweetheart? Are you alright?" I hear mother calling me from afar.
" Of course she is, its probably just a bump on the head. You know how she over reacts to things" Father assures my mother.

Ransom drops my hand and I hear him walk away. Then I hear a crunch and more gasps of people from the party. He's yelling at my father.
" You are nothing but trash. Bringing both of you here was a big mistake. Eat Shit, Both of you."

After that all I hear are sirens. Blue and red lights reflect off the estate and paramedics rush to my side.
They flash my eyes, asking me a million questions, then load me onto a gurney.  Linda, Richard and Meg come into view, all worried and concerned.

"Ma'am, we have room if you want someone with you." One of the paramedics offer. I look at the men whom wait to see my answer, but before I can chose Ransom tells Harlan to go with me.

My heart breaks. He was the one who found me. He was the one who saved me. He defended me in front of my parents who brushed this whole situation. He should be coming with me. Right now I felt the most safe with him by me.