Suprise! (Heylee POV)

The coffee couldn't drip any slower, and my luck the building lost the hot water this morning. I was lucky to have a hot bath last night,  so a cold shower and weak coffee made this morning almost unbearable.

The moon was full, meaning the kids were werewolves. They had a hard time focusing, understanding the lessons and keeping quiet in the classroom during study time. When the lunch bell rang I was most relieved when the children rushed to the cafeteria.

The teachers lounge was empty, considering my class is the last class of the day in the cafeteria. I didn't mind. I pulled out my phone, and my computer and prepped for next weeks lesson early so by the time I got home I can just relax.

A message came up on my phone and I couldn't help but smile. Meg sent a picture of her holding her math test showing an A+ written in red with a circle around it. I cheered her on and congratulated her for working and studying hard.

Writing up next weeks tests for my student I get a phone call from Harlan.

"Hello Mr. Thrombey." I joke, waiting to hear his voice on the other end.

"Good Afternoon Heylee. Are you available to stop my today? I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it is important." 

I sighed, looking forward to going home and relaxing early for the weekend. But this was Harlan, and he never requests to see me.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, hoping to get more information to maybe push to next week.

"I can't talk about it over the phone, is it possible to come after work?" He asks with a slight hint of desperation.

I'm worried, he's never called me over for anything important, other than tutoring Meg. I tell him I'll be there as soon as I can.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. I couldn't concentrate on anything other then finding out what Harlan meant about meeting at the estate.

When I dismissed the class for the day, I didn't even shut down the class. I just left. I explained to the AP(Assistant Principle) I had an emergency and would come in early Monday to prep. She understood and wished me the best for my weekend.

The hour ride to Harlans was uneasy. The closer I got the more anxious I became. When arriving there were several cars outside. I see Linda and Richards car as well as Walt's family car. Whatever is going on must be big. Though Ransoms car is not in site. Figures, something happening when everyone is asked to arrive and he skips.

I rushed inside to see no one is anywhere in site.
"Hello? I see a lot of cars, is everything alright?"
Still no answer. I turn towards the kitchen and hundreds of workers are preparing food.
"Party's outside ma'am"
Party?

I walk over to the outdoor patio and was blown away with everyone cheering.
"Happy Birthday Heylee!"

Birthday? What was today? I sigh and giggle. Today is my birthday.
"What did you guys do?" I smiled and looked around at everyone.

Meg and a couple of her friends were there waving. Jacob was sitting at one of the tables, looking at this phone while Walt and his wife sat next to them. Richard held up his scotch, his favorite drink of choice, in cheers for me. Wanetta- Harlans mother sat next to her elder son and gave me a wink, assuring me she was still there in spirit even though her goal was to remain quiet and observant.

"It was all dads idea. He knew you haven't had a formal birthday party since you left your parents and...we wanted this one to be special." Linda said and pulled me into a hug.

Deep down I knew Linda liked me, but she was convinced I broke Ransoms heart. She has sided with Ransom, which all parents should for their own children, But I know I was not the reason Ransom chose to not be my friend any more. Ransom would never want a friend with no money.