• 2 •

𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 / 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ "ᴇᴀᴠᴇsᴅʀᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ"

~> ᵀʰⁱˢ ᶠᵃⁿᶠⁱᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵐᵃʸ ᶜᵒⁿᵗᵃⁱⁿ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵐⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵗʳⁱᵍᵍᵉʳˢ

«««»»»

William was interrupted as the (H/C) haired girl placed the tea on the table along with the teaspoon, not bothering to say something to the customer. She just casually served the order, silently just like she usually does.

William softly smiled at her. "Thank you"

But Y/N did not smile in return, for she just nodded in response to a welcome. Of course, William was not surprised that she'd act like this after observing her for a short time. His eyes followed her retreating figure, still examining her.

There was something about this woman that he couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was, which was unusual for him. William sure is interested in her.

But what in this young maiden made him so engrossed in her?

Was it because William could not read through her well unlike how he does to other people? Or maybe it was his first time to encounter a woman who gave him a cold shoulder when she just always acted like this to everyone.

Mrs. Jones, who watched their short encounter, could only sigh in disappointment as she was hoping that Y/N would finally try something new with her social skills. But it seems like Y/N will always stick to her stoic demeanor.

"Y/N dear, you can take a short break, I already finished back at the kitchen" Mrs. Jones reassured with a smile.

The said female could only nod once again as she walked past the cafe owner to sit down behind the counter and resumed reading her book.

William couldn't help but keep his eyes on the certain woman, his scarlet eyes observing her and his mind trying to know who she was. Somehow he got nothing, except that the book she was reading was also the same as his reading right now. And she seemed pretty focused.

William chuckled.

A coincidence indeed.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang once again indicating that there was another customer as the door was opened and closed could be heard. Y/N knew who it was just by hearing the familiar footsteps that were now getting nearer and nearer to her.