What is this talk about gifts?

AN: I was busy yesterday so updates were delayed, regardless here is the newest chapter. Updates should continue as planned next week unless something happens.

XV. What is this talk about gifts?

I'd love to tell you I had some deep revelation on my way down, that I came to terms with my own mortality, laughed in the face of death, etcetera.

"I think he laughed on occasions after one prank or the other at uncle Nico and maybe a few times when En was over when we were little, but not others with death aspect, even when he met Thanatos...though the first time was not funny." Luke said when his grandfather and uncle Theseus let out a noise like a strangled mouse while Orpheus groaned, he was slowly getting the other to calm down and now that was for a naught.

"Thanatos!" the two squeaked.

"Seventh book." he replied.

"Uhm...didn't you mention earlier that it were the happenings of that book inspiring the happenings of the second book of your grandmother?" Octavian asked nervously while his uncle gave him a pained look asking 'Why-do-you-need-to-also-make-it-worse?'.

"Yep." Luke replied.

"You know that he is a good person, right?" Hades asked with En nodding in agreement.

"We are sorry Lord Plu...I mean Lord Hades, it is only that most mortal-living beings don't feel comfortable in the presence of Death." Jay tried to explain.

"Poseidon, should I read anstead?" Amphitrite asked her husband who only shook his head in the negative.

"I can do this." he said, but his tone sounded unsure.

The truth? My only thought was: Aaaaggghhhhh!

"Yup, that sums it up perfectly." Travis told his siblings.

"I hate this summing up." Theseus grumbled, still clinging to Orpheus who was waiting when he would hear the first rib snap.

The river raced toward me at the speed of a truck. Wind ripped the breath from my lungs. Steeples and skyscrapers and bridges tumbled in and out of my vision.

And then: Flaaa-boooom!

"Good, this was not the sound of a body hitting solid ground." Apollo said while occasionally glancing over to his oldest son who was trying to get out of his cousin's deadly grasp, he will later take care about those bruises, the others meanwhile looked relived at the news.

A whiteout of bubbles.

"That is good." Jake said and if Lord Hades, Will and Enysswe were right, then the poison should be soon cleared from Percy's body.

I sank through the murk, sure that I was about to end up embedded in a hundred feet of mud and lost forever.

"That can't happen to my children." Poseidon said feeling glad that the poison will be soon useless, but as he read further his face darkened. "I'm feeling the others annoyance." he said before continuing.

But my impact with the water hadn't hurt.

I was falling slowly now, bubbles trickling up through my fingers. I settled on the river bottom soundlessly. A catfish the size of my stepfather

"That certainly is a big one." Malcolm said in a stunned tone.

lurched away into the gloom. Clouds of silt and disgusting garbage—beer bottles, old shoes, plastic bags—swirled up all around me.