The bitter taste of betrayal

Here it is the last chapter of TLT!

XXII. The bitter taste of betrayal

There was a pregnant silence over the throne room regarding the things read in the last chapter, sure everyone was happy that Gabe was on his way to the Underworld, but besides the confirmed abuse there were other upsetting things they had found out. Hestia, Poseidon, and Hera still felt saddened and guilty after hearing how their brother had technically made a copy of the palace he was only allowed to step into once a year, Apollo was also heartbroken about this, but he was busy like the rest of his family to glare at his father for his new actions. He was slowly really having the feeling confirmed that the vision he saw about Artemis was bound to the disaster the legacies were talking about.

In other words, it will be the fault of his father for neglecting security measures.

"I think we should get over with the last chapter," Sally said sighing as she was trying to not look at her mother while not far from her Nathan was shaking his head; he had forgotten to stop the air resonation which would tell him what others were saying outside. In other words, he now knew some rather colourful names for his grandfather.

"Agree and I think it may be better if I read this chapter," Enysswe spoke up from the lap of her grandfather Apollo as she turned her glare away from Zeus who was staring at her warily; the right backrest corner of his throne was still reforming itself after the dark energy she had sent at him hit it during their new argument.

"Here," Artemis said to her niece as she handed her the book on the correct page.

"I would also like to suggest making a small pause before we start the second book, believe us you will need it," Misty said as she made plans on how to corner her grandfather, the others only nodded nervously.

"So the last chapter is called "The Prophecy Comes True," Enysswe read, she knew that her grandfather was reading the chapter over her shoulder, but she did not stop him, he will need to take care of his brother when the truth comes out.

"I thought that it had already come fully true," Connor said while those who had figured out the thing with Luke stiffened, they knew that one line was still missing.

"Sadly it had still one part which needed to fulfill itself," Enysswe replied sighing while Athena quickly went over the lines in her head before she bit back a gasp, this chapter would reveal the friend who will betray Percy and something told her that with this they will also know the identity of the thief.

We were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke,

Sally sent her brother a look to keep biting his tongue, she knew that this was hard on him, but so will it be on their mother and this one had no twenty or so years to fully get over it.

so of course everybody treated us as if we'd won some reality-TV contest.

Those who knew what that was snickered while Chiron and Lupa hurriedly explained the things to those from the antique.

"At least are they alive," Theseus said in a relieved tone, he was still terribly annoyed that he had been made to sleep through two chapters; he will be updated about them after this chapter even if he needs to sit on Orion to get the information out of him.

According to camp tradition, we wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in our honour, then led a procession down to the bonfire,

The heroes of old finally smiled again, this sounded welcomingly familiar to them.

"I can see that he will find that one fun to do." Apollo snickered as he noted what was standing further in the book.