Good hard justice

We are at the second to last chapter! I can't believe it, next week will be the last update for TLT.

XXI. Good, hard justice

"Is he old enough to drink?" Iris asked when hearing the title.

"I doubt that the laws for drinking age got lowered, looking at the fact how even adults act after drinking." answered back Dike.

"Somehow I doubt that the title has much to do with dirking, it might not be literally only a better way to say I finish up the quest." Helios suggested at which some of the others nodded, this certainly made more sense than Percy having a bar tab.

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.

"The mind of normal mortals is rather easy to manipulate, but it is kind of sad to know how much will be forgotten in the future." commented Aletheia as she brushed a lock of her dark hair from her eyes which fell on them when small breeze come up, she did not try figuring out which of the wind spirits it was who made it.

"Unfortunately is change something which is inventible and it lays mostly in the mortals hands what the results will be." Moros seeing how he stood the closest to his sisters the Fates, beside their mother that is, he felt through his property that there would be much hardship to come due to the coming changes and not only for the mortals, but for those of divine being also.

Chiron had told me that long ago. As usual, I didn't appreciate his wisdom until much later.

"Don't worry child, most only appreciate the wisdom of their elders only later after hearing them." Hebe said in a kind tone before she sighed sorrowfully. "We can only hope that father will also understand this." she added in while gazing at the soft grass.

"Preferably before too much damage happens and even more members of this family get hurt one way or the other." Enyo growled from beside her sister, she was still angry how her father and uncles were set up, how her nephews, nieces and cousin were set up and used just like her brother. This was not the time for her father to be stubborn, but to be their king.

According to the L.A. news, the explosion at the Santa Monica beach had been caused when a crazy kidnapper fired a shotgun at a police car.

There was suddenly a hushed silence all over the close vicinity of the palace as everyone stared at the palace if they heard it right before a storm of uncontrolled and hysterical laughter broke out with many divinities rolling around on the ground clutching their stomachs or grasping for air.

"A...hahaha...Ares wi...ha...will definiately...no...not hahahaha...like this...hah..." Enyo managed to get out when it seemed she would be getting an answer to her statement.

WHO ARE THEY CALLING A CRAZY KIDNAPPER!

This of course only increased the laughter and even after ten minutes when Artemis started speaking again were some still trying to get their snickers under control.

He accidentally hit a gas main that had ruptured during the earthquake.

"Not sure what they are actually saying, but it sounds rather believable for the ears of one not believing in gods." Eros said as several of the others nodded their heads in agreement with him.

This crazy kidnapper (a.k.a. Ares)

Cue renewed snickers.

"Something tells me that neither Hermes nor Apollo will let him live this one down." Kratos said while biting back a small snicker which wanted to escape his lips, he did not really have much against the god, but knew that he needed to be sometimes cooled off and with those two gods loving to tease and prank others, now they only needed someone who could cool Zeus down. He took the oath on his mother too lightly as did Poseidon which made him flinch as he remembered how the river which his mother had created and resides hidden under its shores will look in the future.