CHAPTER NINE

STYLE

"You ever heard of the shoulder touch?"

CHAPTER NINE
~
THE LAST FIGHT: PART TWO

PETER PLACED HIMSELF NEXT TO MILES. Miles looked up from the collider and let out a sigh. "Your turn." He stated to the older man.

Peter stared at Miles. "Yeah, yeah. Right." He said sadly, lifting his mask up as well.

Their Spider Sense then went off, both of them looking behind them as seeing Kingpin. Kingpin let out an aggravated shout. "You're not going anywhere!" He yelled, breaking a water plant that got in his face.

Both Miles and Peter held onto their masks. "I'll hold him off. You shut this down." Peter said as she put his mask down.

"Peter!" Miles grabbed his arm that had shot a web. "That wasn't the deal!" He yelled.

"Push the green button! Do not wait for me!" Peter instructed as he pushed Miles off of him and started swinging towards Kingpin. Miles then jumped off the roof and swung to Peter, connecting a web to him before to a building. "What are you doing?" Peter took his mask off, looking at Miles who landed near him.

"Peter, you gotta go home!" Miles shouted.

Peter then jumped to be in front of Miles. "This guy could kill you! I can't let Spider-Man die." Peter yelled at him, genuinely worried for the kid.

Miles thought back to when he watched his worlds Spider-Man or Peter Parker die. "Neither can I." Miles fired back.

Peter stayed quiet for a moment. "It's okay." He said.

"Yeah, it is okay." Miles said before swiping Peters legs out from under him and grabbing onto his suit while holding him on the edge. Peter let out a gasp from Miles catching him off guard. Peter thought back to him and Miles in his dorm room, smiling ever so slightly at the thought. "You gotta go home, man." Miles said.

Peter put his right on Miles'. "How do I know I'm not gonna mess it up again?" Peter asked, worried.

"You won't." Miles responded.

"Right." Peter smiled. "It's a leap of faith." His own words were thrown back at him. Miles nodded at him slightly before letting go, watching his mentor fall back into his world. "Not bad, kid." Peter commented before finally going through the portal.

Once Peter was gone, Miles pulled his mask down and swung to the building Kingpin was on, ready to fight him. "Kingpin!" Miles shouted as he stared at him. Miles started running towards Kingpin but he smashed his hands into the glass, sending a wave of shards Miles' way. Miles easily dodged it.