Hiding The Truth

Lucy's POV
"Oakley, Willow come on we have to go," I say quietly so I don't wake Emmett. Oakley and Willow come running up to me in their cute dresses.
"Daycare?" Willow asks me as Oakley spins around in circles. 
"Yep! Come on girls," I say as I lead Willow and Oakley out to the car. I get them in their car seats and speed to their daycare because I'm already supposed to be at work. I pull up to their daycare and I walk them to the door but I see a sign on the door that reads. 'Closed today due to a stomach bug, will contact you when we are back open.' Fuckkk. 
"Girls, how about we go to your aunt's house?" I ask them.
"Yay, I love Aunt Amy!" They say at the same time. I load them back into their car seats and drive the hour to her house, quickly drop them off and drive the hour back to the station. I arrive and run inside to see everyone running around like mad people. They suddenly stop and stare at me, then I see my former TO running over to me.
"Lucy?! Where were you, are you OK?" He frantically asked me. I take a second to think of an excuse as to why I'm late.
"Uhm my car broke down and I had to call a tow truck to fix it." I tell him, it was a believable lie because Tim's always telling me how my car is a 'piece of shit.'
"Sounds fair, next time call in or something. Go get changed boot." He demands me. 
"Yes sir," I answer him and go to get changed. I always get changed in the stalls because I don't want the other officers to question my beat-up body. As I slide on my shirt I hear someone call me name.
"Lucy?" Angela calls out. 
"Uhm yeah?" I say as I exit the stall I am in.
"Why were you late? Trouble with the girls?" Angela asked. Angela and Jackson are the only two at the station who know about my two three-year-olds, I told Jackson ages ago because he's my best friend and then his loose lips slipped up and accidentally told Angela, but they have my back and haven't told anyone.
"Yeah their daycare closed and they didn't even bother to text me so I had to drive them an hour to my Aunts," Lucy explained to Angela. 
"Oh, that's annoying. Did Tim already interrogate you?" Angela asks me as we start to exit the women's locker room.
"Yeah, I just told him-" I started to say.
"Told who what?" Tim asks me sternly.
"Oh uh, the tow truck guy that uhm that my car's old so I also asked if I should buy a new one!" I say trying to make another lie up.
"Mhm, let's go I already loaded the car because I thought I was going to have to ride alone today." He says and starts walking.
"Bye Ange," I say with a smile.
"Cya Luce!" She responds cheerfully.

In the shop. Tim's POV
I know something's up with Lucy, she has never been late to work and I can see right through her lies.
"Why were you late?" I ask cautiously.
"My car, I told you." She protests.
"I know you're lying." I accuse.
"I'm not Bradford." She continues to put up a fight, she's lucky because a call comes through.
"We will talk later," I tell her sternly. 

When the shift was over I tried to catch up to Lucy to talk to her about her acting off, but I couldn't seem to find her. I go into Grey's office to see if he's seen her. 
"Hey Tim, what can I do for you?" He asked me calmly while picking up his stuff to get ready to go.
"Have you seen my boot?" I ask sternly.
"She's your boot but no. Why?" He answers.
"No reason I just wanted to talk to her about why she was late to work." I shrug.
"Ok, well have a good night," Grey tells me. I just smile and walk off, I guess she was in a rush to leave as well.

A/N 10/3/24: No I'm not changing chapters just finally editing them.