70

Skylar went to bed in her old room, Liam went to bed in his own. She couldn't believe how much her brother shared with her, she wished she could letter Sirius about all she learned but Skylar didn't trust the post with this information. She knew he would be willing to listen when she returned, wanting to know exactly what she went through. Skylar thought of Sirius a lot during her first hours at the apartment, he would be believing the worst of her trip like she did originally.
Her old room was destroyed, Liam truly did have a major meltdown in their apartment. He had never touched her items before, leaving her room the exact way it always stayed. Skylar took time to repair whatever she could and clean the mess left behind, then did her best to find sleep on one of the many sleepless nights she has encountered.

"Why are you fighting the case if you wanted me to live with the Potter's?" Skylar asked Liam during their breakfast. He made eggs and toast, nothing special. Food was still upsetting her stomach so she chose not to eat, to her surprise Liam did too. He was truly stressed. Skylar could see that he hadn't slept, the same as her. Both siblings with purple under their eyes and hollowed faces.
Seeing her brother so broken made Skylar's resolve change. She wanted nothing more than to be without him after the way she was treated,  believing that she was betrayed by her most trusted. Now she found herself wanting to protect the same man who protected her countless times. Liam needed Skylar, willing to admit it or not she knew he couldn't call Antonin a friend after convincing him to join Death Eaters. He had no one he could trust, Skylar didn't want to be added to that list anymore.

"The Dark Lord heard about the case from another source still at the Ministry and made sure I was aware of it. Of course I was" Liam spit out, rage filling his expression "I received the notice at our apartment. The Dark Lord wanted to be sure I knew what it meant if you were to be released from my control" he said, clenching his fist.

"What would it mean?" Skylar asked but Liam sat silent "I'm old enough to understand these things, please talk to me. If I need to be worrying about something, shouldn't I have a heads up?"

Liam looked from the window to where his baby sister sat staring at him. He held so much tension in his vision, she wondered if he was able to relax even in the comfort of his own room.
"Your hair, is it always brown now?" He questioned. He remembered the moment her hair turned that color, and stayed that way. When Rowan grabbed her arm and dragged her inside the mansion, the permanent color found residence.

"Occasionally it turns red, with..." Skylar pondered her next truth, deciding that if she expected Liam to be honest with her she needed to be as well "with my boyfriend"

Liam's eyebrows rose, a look of shock reached his face.
"Sky, didn't you just end things with that fucking bastard??"

"This person was by my side, trying to protect me while I was with Rowan" saying his name felt sour on her tongue still

"Is he in Slytherin too? Do I know the family name?" Despite all Liam had going on, he was still being Skylar's big brother. She should have known his care for her safety would never falter.

"No" Skylar felt herself becoming panicked the more questions her brother asked. She wasn't ashamed of Sirius, never had that thought crossed her mind. She just knew her brother had so much to worry about, she didn't want to add more stress.

Liam noticed the way she was reacting and moved to be closer to her, chin on his knuckle
"Skylar" Skylar looked out the window, avoiding eye contact "what's his name?"

"Sirius Black" she said quickly, with less confidence than she felt.

Liam took a deep sigh, relaxing in his seat again.
"Does he treat you well?" A question that Skylar didn't expect.