Chapter 19: Stress

Adam watched from the window of his team's dorm, as students and airships from Atlas begin to arrive. He scowls and glares at the sight, with his hands behind him and clenched. "You okay Adam?" Ruby asked, Adam looked at her with one eyes and just sighed "No. Atlas is here," "Oh. Well, I'm sure they're not that bad. Weiss is from Atlas and she isn't that bad," Ruby replied, Adam just grunted before returning his gaze to the window.

"Come on, we should get going. We have some lessons to do," said Weiss, Ruby and Yang then stood up and walked to the door as Adam continued glaring at the atlesians. "Adam," Weiss said, the bull faunus turned and looked at her "Come on. We need to get going," Adam sighed and eventually turned and walked towards the door. However, he was still visibly angry at the events unfolding.

Adam sat through all three of the lessons, he took the needed information in but was silent throughout them. He was now sitting with his friends in the library, he was in his own world until Ruby said "Adam? Wanna play with us?" Adam looked to her and then at the game they were setting up "What's this?" "Remant: The game. Never heard of it?" Yang said "Oh. No, I have heard of it. Some people I knew used to play it from time to time," Adam replied "Well are you gonna join us?" Ruby asked, Adam sighed "Sure," as he then took a side.

The game was now in session and stuff was already heating. Yang was the biggest threat in the game, Weiss and Ruby had a small alliance going on and Adam was silently building up his forces watching at the actions of the others. "Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!" Ruby shouted "Bring it on," Yang replied as Adam smirked at what was happening.

"I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet!" Adam frowned hearing that name but hid it well, as Ruby put her card down "Looks like I get to fly over your ursai and attack your walls directly!" as she acted out the scene in her own way . "You fiend," Yang said pointing at Ruby  "And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn." said the younger girl as Yang began laughing arrogantly "Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card," she said as she's showed the card.

"Whaaat!" Ruby shouted "Giant nevermore!" Yang said slamming the card down "If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two," As the nevermore moved towards the fleet, meanwhile Adam grinned as he looked at his cards 'None of them will expect what's about to happen' he said in his thoughts. "But if you roll a six or lower, the nevermore will turn on your own forces," Ruby said "That's just a chance I'm willing to take," Yang replied as the two girls glared at each other.

Adam tuned out a little until he then heard Ruby say "Have you no heart?" Yang then turned to Weiss and said "Well, Weiss, it's your turn," "I have... absolutely no idea what's going on," Weiss replied, Yang slides up to her "Look, it's easy! You're playing as Vacuo which means that all Vacuo-based cards come back with a bonus," she says "That sounds dumb," Weiss replied, Adam again tuned out and turned to look outside the window.

He then turned his head to see team Ryge just chilling on another table, Yuma and Rouge were watching the game which Elric was sleeping and Gavin was reading. Adam then tuned back in and heard Weiss say "Y-yes! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms!" Adam gritted his teeth 'A little close to reality there Weiss' he said in his thoughts when suddenly. 

"Trap card!" Yang says "Huh?" "Your armies have been destroyed," Yang says as Weiss began crying along with Ruby, Adam just smirked. "Well, you may have beaten them, but I still stand alive, and I aim to stay that way," Adam said "We'll see about that, Adam," Yang replied smirking. Adam then took out a card and said "You sure you're ready for this?" "Bring it on," Yang said.

 "White Fang ambush!" Adam shouted as he moved his soldiers behind Yang's "Oh sneaky, but will it work?" Yang said "Yes," Adam replied as he rolled the dice and got Yang's soldiers. Adam smirked at Yang as she just grunted "That was just pure luck, now you will feel the full power of my army!" she shouted as she placed her cards down.