✞︎༒︎☠︎︎Chapter 20: This Night has opened my eyes⋆。°✩

"There's a summer place, where it may rain or storm yet I'm safe and warm for within that summer place your arms reach out to me and my heart is free from all care."
- Theme From A Summer Place by The Lettermen

We we're by the fields of sunflowers. - There we laughed and ran like little children; something I know for sure, we both wish we had the chance to do. Everywhere is flooded with yellow petals and large green stems that altogether took time to bloom in such seasons.

I can't help but lay on it like a soft mattress on my bed; I saw the beauty underneath of the petals, it was light and cushioned. - I like to play pretend that me and Craig are bugs; crawling in the ground and roots beneath of each's stems; making a big life out of being small.

 - I like to play pretend that me and Craig are bugs; crawling in the ground and roots beneath of each's stems; making a big life out of being small

Besides the flowers, I couldn't hold myself to adore some of his crooked teeth that smears whenever he smiles; he's a teeth smiler.

I looked at him and there his eyes met the summer sky, which in his secret moment, he felt like a bird. - fleeing freely out in the horizon.

"All these flowers will be gone soon." He said as he let out a relaxed sigh.

"I know, it's quite disappointing how seasons tend to change. I hate change." I said.

"I used to have that kind of thought back then, but now, I don't really care at this point."

"And why's that?" Curiosity spoke through me.

"I suppose it's because I found out the beauty of change. - Maybe, if things we're meant to stay on where they're supposed to, I may not be able to see through you." I remained silent as he keeps on talking; lending my overall attention towards his.

"I think it's nice to change, at least you get to see a better version of me than who I was before." He said.

"I trust you." Those 3 words are all I could ever dearly think of; to tell him how much I entirely believe and reassure him of my faith on him.

"I love you." He said. Which I can't help but smile and took his hand for a kiss.

God forbid, for he's Catholic; but I'm falling in depts for his loving and I wouldn't mind if its a sin; even if the pearly gates we're meant for me to sacrifice it for his love. I couldn't care more.

-

We talked for about a few more minutes on the ground; laying and just letting the yellow rays of the sun that seeps through the flowers shine upon us. It was such a beauty.

Maybe change is indeed beautiful. I never thought that we were bound to end up like this; laying next to each other and talking as lovers. - When in fact, I was just at my peak, trying to jump off a bridge over a stupid reason to do so; then he came and brought me out to my shell, making me feel that I am capable of life.