𒈔𒅒𒇫𒄆 Chapter 21: Puffing with the Dragons. 𒈔𒅒𒇫𒄆

"A child weaned on poison considers harm as comfort."

- Unknown

(Tweek POV)

Finally Back at work after a long sandwich weekend. I missed the lingering scent of brewed coffee beans. Michael didn't timed in to his shift today; leaving me, Pip, Damien and other staffs I have no clue about to manage the front work of the café. I wonder where he went; I hope he's okay.

I'm currently serving a milkshake and fries combo order for no other than

"A..A drink for..for uhmm...HONEY??" I yelled politely; wondering who the hell was named after Honey. It almost gave me a voice crack. - I didn't bother to ask Pip (who took my place as a cashier for the meantime because Michael's gone somewhere off.) He seems busy for it's almost lunch time.

I yelled again.
"HONEY??"

"Yes, Hon?" A strange solace monotone voice came in and replied to my call. I took my sight away from the tray in front of me and looked up to see nothing but the reason of the ray in my once was lonely eye and the smile in my cheek.

"Pfft. Craig." I said rolling my eyes; knowing I fell to one of his pretentious pranks again. Still, I couldn't stop myself from turning red. The thought of us calling each other "honey" seems sweet; like it's origin.

"How'd you like that, "Honey" He said in a sarcastic voice which made me smile.

"If you need assistance with you're tray, SIR, just ask the other staffs because I have other things to do." I said in a stern voice, trying to sound strict; I made a slight angry face but I ended up looking like I'm trying not to laugh. - Kinda proud how I didn't spazz or stutter while making a "strict" statement. That's a new achievement to me.

He nodded and pinched my right cheek and walked away. We kept exchanging glances every time we had the chance to do so. - As if waiting for him to look back was more exciting and warm than the scent of the cafe's brewing aroma of beans.

𒅒𒈔𒅒𒇫𒄆𒅒𒈔𒅒𒇫𒄆𒅒𒈔𒅒𒇫𒄆

(Pete POV) *tw(?)*
Me and Michael are walking through a dark alley. The place looks like it's hiding something hideous. The scent of it is unbearable; it smells like dead mammals and rotten spices - Yet, I can't help but risk it for the sake of my curiousity; despite that, us goth kids vowed to some sort of a "goth bible" to never leave one alone during situations like these; One must stay with the other as the other two of the members vounders away.

"What a scent." I said mockingly. - Which almost made me gag with the way the scent went climbing through my mouth. I could almost taste how disgusting it was.

"It'll disappear soon. Just keep walking fast." Michael responded.

We kept walking until we reached a corner room, it was covered with muscular men; which I suppose we're body guards. Vaguely, I can't help but wonder what's inside and to how people knew such macabre place when it's quite half a minute walk away from the streets.

"Is this the place?"

"Yeah, just stay at my back." and I did, as I was told; I have an unsure feeling with what we're about to face, I wanna tell Michael to just walk away silently. - But seeing how the guards look through us, doing that would only put us to danger. Those thoughts started making me sweat despite how cold the alley is.

Michael whispered something to one of the guards which made most of them lighten their faces; The whisper was so powerful that not even a split second can describe how their way of treating us changed. We got treated like important guests with all so sudden hospitality. Does he have any connections here? If so, then that's bizarre how I just discovered about it just now.