Episode: A Map

With a slight turn, Yeosang couldn't help but gasp at the familiar sound of the voice. The title, the "Insane King," was a nickname placed upon him from the village he grew up in, and there was one person that made him tremble with just the name.

"Ha! It really is that witch fucker!" Another voice spoke, the sound causing Yeosang to flinch with irritation.

Yeosang didn't want to turn around fully, but they already knew who he was, so there was no hiding.

"Hello, James and Naomi," Yeosang turned and bowed, keeping his eyes on the floor. He could already feel his heart shaking in his chest, telling him to run away from them.

"Oh! He remembers our names!" Naomi chuckled, walking closer to lift Yeosang's face up. "How charming. Still playing with dirt and animals, you whore?"

"I," Yeosang clenched his fist, taking a deep breath before pushing her hand away. "No. I am a student at Ever After High."

"Ha! So you actually did go!" James scoffed, walking closer and pushing Yeosang's shoulder. "Now, I get it's for the story, but damn, I heard you couldn't even do that right."

"Excuse me?" Yeosang asked, taking James's push and ignoring the rage growing within him.

James and Naomi, the twins, were not the friendliest to Yeosang. Growing up, Yeosang often tried to buy things from the framer's market in peace, ensuring never to bother anyone unless it was a question. Those two would pretend to finally befriend him, only to abuse him in the back of the alleyway. They used to say things that would always shut Yeosang's mouth and keep the abuse to himself.

'Go ahead, use your witchcraft. People will think you are just like your wicked mother and blame you for everything. Use your powers, and you'll get treated like a monster, you freak."

Yeosang hated that they were right. If he used his powers on them, it would make it seem like he picked on the weak and innocent while he was a magic user—a dark magic user, to make matters worse.

However, their presence only brought Yeosang bad memories of growing up in such a place. The horrible memories of being used, mistreated, cursed, spat it, and lied to. He could feel his body start to tremble with every passing second they were near him.

"We heard that you couldn't even sign the book! That you froze up and literally froze everyone else in the process!" James sniggered, his eyes pricing through Yeosang's soul.

"Wow," Naomi scoffed, crossing her arms as she shook her head. "You can't even be evil properly. You always managed to fuck up somehow, but to think you could fuck the whole reason for your sad life? You're really living up to your title, Insane King."

"I...I choose not to sign," Yeosang grabbed his arm with the other, rubbing it as he looked to the side in fear. "I choose to follow my own destiny."

"Ha!" Naomi started to laugh, bending over as she continued to mock Yeosang. "What destiny? Your whole reason for being is to murder and fuckin' die, you dumb slut!"

"No," Yeosang stuttered, cringing as he heard his lisp grow worse and thicker. "I...I am not going to be evil."

"You are already, however? You seduced the town mayor, yet you speak like your good?" James ripped Yeosang away from his arm and started to squish his wrist, earning a yelp from the king. "Ha! You even sound like a bitch!"