~9~

~The Next Morning ~ Stark Mansion~

Melissa woke up later than normal, which was unusual for her. She started to panic, thinking that she missed the bus, but Jarvis reminded her that it was Saturday.

Looking up at the ceiling, Melissa thought about everything that’s happened over the past few weeks. She flew all the way to New York City, found out she had a twin sister, found out her father was Tony Stark, switched places with her twin sister, and was now living as her sister in Stark Mansion in Manhattan… If anyone had told Melissa a month ago that this would be her life in a month, she would have thought they were crazy. 

Sighing, Melissa got out of bed and took a shower, thinking about everything she had to do today. She needed to talk to her father more about what happened, she didn’t know if Andi had gotten any information from their mother, but she needed to find out what happened from their father in case their mom didn’t tell Andi anything. 

She got out of the shower and got dressed into a pair of comfy dark blue shorts and a black tank top. After brushing her hair and pulling on a random pair of socks, that were mix matched, since her feet were cold, she went downstairs. She froze when she heard talking in the kitchen. She recognized Tony’s voice, but none of the others. It wasn’t Peter or Harley since the other people were adults, it seemed like there were multiple people… She didn’t know how many, but the one thing she knew for sure was that one of them was definitely a woman. 

She crept over to the kitchen door, trying to peek through the door. She couldn’t really tell what they were saying, nor could she really see any of their faces. 

The one woman suddenly looked over at the door and smiled at her. “Hey Andi! What’s up?”

Nervous, Melissa walked into the kitchen. She racked her brain, trying to figure out if Andi told her who these people were, but she couldn’t remember. “Hey…” She rubbed her eyes, trying to play off her awkwardness by making it seem like she was tired. 

“You hungry kid? There’s food” Tony said, motioning over to the island where there was a bunch of food.

Peter was sitting at the island with Harley and Peter noticed that Melissa had no idea who they were and was nervous. “Miss Natasha made it, and you know she makes amazing food”

The realization hit Melissa and she smiled. “Sure, I’ve missed Zia Nat’s food” Andi had mentioned to her before she left that she hadn’t seen Nat in a while, so Melissa knew that her saying that wouldn’t give anything away.

Natasha raised an eyebrow but then smiled. “Well then go get some” She motioned towards the food. 

Melissa went and sat down next to Peter, grabbing a few pancakes from one of the plates and the syrup jar. Peter gave her a reassuring smile, easing her anxiety slightly. Now that Melissa had a better view of everyone, she could tell that they were the Avengers. Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner, and James Rhodes were sitting around the kitchen eating breakfast.

Melissa couldn’t believe that she was surrounded by most of the Avengers, she never thought she would even get close enough to meet them, and yet here they were sitting around eating breakfast, not in their suits, talking about random shit. It was hard for her to wrap her head around the fact that this was Andi’s normal life. It wasn’t weird for Andi for the Avengers to be coming over for breakfast or dinner, or for them to be sitting in the living room in their pjs, or spending holidays with them. This was so normal for Andi, she wouldn’t have batted an eye when walking into the kitchen and seeing them there. For Melissa, this was so weird. She grew up hearing about the Avengers and their missions, but she never thought she would ever meet them.