~10~

Melissa’s heart dropped. “She what?!” Her mother always told her that she wouldn’t have Melissa meet anyone she was dating unless they were serious… If she wanted Andi to meet John… That meant they were getting serious…

“She told me earlier that John is coming over tomorrow for me to meet him…”

Melissa ran a hand through her hair. “Shit shit shit shit shit! This is not good…”

“What do I do?”

“I don’t know…” Melissa sighed. “We don’t want mom getting serious with someone… We need to get her and Dad back together as quickly as possible!”

“And how do we do that? I don’t think Mom will ever want to be in the same place as Dad, she thinks he cheated on her and she’s still hurt… She almost cried when telling me about it…”

Sighing, Melissa sat back in the booth. “We need to find out what really happened that night. Prove Dad’s innocence…”

“How do we do that?” Peter asked. 

Melissa shook her head. “I don’t know… We need more details about when it happened, where it happened, and who with…”

“The fuck is this, Clue?” Andi joked. “Like seriously it’s like Clue but instead of finding out the weapon we’re finding out when Dad allegedly cheated on Mom”

Melissa sighed irritatedly. “Andi, can we get back to the problem at hand?”

“Right, sorry. I think you’re going to have to question Dad more about what happened. I don’t think Mom is going to tell me anything else…”

“But how am I going to question him about it without letting him know that I know that he allegedly cheated?”

Peter shrugged. “We could say Miss Natasha told you”

“Wait, Zia Nat knows about the switch?”

Melissa nodded before realizing that Andi couldn’t see her. “Yeah… She came over for breakfast this morning and I was surprised to see the Avengers and when I called her Zia Nat she knew it was me because apparently when you talk directly to her you call her Zia Tasha most of the time”

“Shit… I forgot about that… How did she take it?”

“Oh she’s cool with it. She said she’d help if we needed it. She said she kept in contact with Mom but couldn’t tell us anything that happened. Maybe I can have her help me get information from Dad…”

“Maybe. Zia Tasha might be able to scare him into telling you” Andi laughed. “Anyways, onto the John thing. How am I supposed to act?”

Melissa sighed. “If I was there, I would be a little mean. I would be mad about the whole thing and not want him to date Mom. I would act like a typical teenager that doesn’t want their Mom to date…”

“Should I pull a Parent Trap and do what they did to Meredith Blake?”

“No, let's just see what happens…” She rolled her eyes. “Our life is way too much like the Parent Trap…”

“Literally”

They said their goodbyes and hung up. Melissa set her phone down on the table and bit her lip nervously. She was scared that none of this was going to work and that her Mom wouldn’t allow her to see Andi or her Dad anymore because of what they did…

“You okay Liss?”

Melissa shrugged. “I just… What if Mom doesn’t want to get back together with Dad and this John dude becomes my new Dad…”