~11~

The next day, Andi woke up around noon and she laid in bed, dreading what was going to happen today. She had to meet her mothers ‘boyfriend’ today and she was not happy about it. Her mother should be with her father, not this John guy…

Andi picked up her phone and unlocked it, seeing a text from Melissa. 

‘Andi, I found out what happened between Mom and Dad. Call me ASAP’

Sitting up confused, Andi clicked the facetime button and went to look for something to wear while she waited for her to pick up. She set the phone down on a shelf inside of the closet that was level to her head so that she didn’t have to hold it while looking for clothes. 

“Finally, what took you so long!” Melissa said when she answered. 

“Hello to you too Liss” Andi said, rolling her eyes. “I didn’t get your text last night because I went for a walk and hung out at the park for a few hours while trying to figure out what I was going to do when I meet John today and my phone died and then when I got home I put it on the charger and went to bed”

Melissa sighed. “Anyways, I found out who Dad cheated on Mom with…”

Andi rolled her eyes again. “Well don’t keep me in suspense”

“Apparently, Dad cheated on her with Christine Everhart the-”

Andi dropped the shirt she was holding. “Christine Everhart?! The bitch from Vanity Fair?! That’s who Dad cheated on Mom with?! He ruined his relationship with Mom because of her?!” 

“Allegedly. We don’t know what actually happened, like you said before, Dad wouldn’t cheat on Mom, intentionally or not. I’m trying to see if I can find Christine so that we can talk to her and fill in the gaps in Dad’s memory.”

“You know Liss you’ve been abnormally calm about this” Andi heard Peter’s voice say from off camera. Andi felt her heart jump when she heard his voice, she missed him so much, they had rarely ever been apart since they were little. 

Noticing Andi’s small smile, Melissa turned the phone towards Peter so she could see him. He was laying on his bed, shirtless, doing something on his phone. “I’m not necessarily calm-”

“You said last night that you weren’t upset about it,” Peter said, looking up from his phone at her. He noticed that the phone was turned towards him and when he saw Andi he smiled. “Hey Drea!”

Andi smiled. “Hey dork. Did you lose all your shirts or something? Or did I interrupt something between you and my sister?” Andi didn’t know why, but she felt a little… Jealous… That Peter was shirtless in front of her sister. She didn’t want to think that something was happening between them while she was in California…

Peter’s eyes widened and he shook his head. “What, No! Nothing is happening between me and Liss, she just came in here to wake me up not long before you called and I haven’t gotten up to get a shirt yet”

“Mmhh, sure” Andi said, smirking, though she was silently glad. She continued to look for clothes and ended up settling on a short, black tank top, a jean skirt, and a light blue flannel, that she wore in a way so that it was off of her shoulders. After getting dressed, she pulled on her black ankle boots and went over to sit on the bed with her phone. “You know Liss, this is probably the only outfit you have that is something I would wear” She grabbed Melissa’s makeup bag and started looking through it. Andi wasn’t much of a makeup person, she would wear it sometimes and when she did, she only really wore mascara, lip stick, and some highlighter. Melissa, on the other hand, always wore makeup.