- 05 -

Zoe

I had thought that it would be awkward and I was right. Yesterday I had my methods to slip through our holding-hands but today it was Friday here in Miami and I was waiting in the lobby for Verstappen, so we could arrive at the paddock together. Especially this race was pompous and glamour everywhere so there would be even more attention on us.

The last weekends it was quite okay for my point of view. We arrived and sometimes left together pictures of us as the "happy couple" were taken. We also shot some short videos, for example in the hotel, which Verstappen then posted in his story. Most of all, I was afraid of the longer breaks from racing or the summer break, because I certainly wouldn't take it on vacation for pictures.

"Good morning Zoe." Raymond greeted me as he and Verstappen came towards me.

With the Dutch I hadn't spoken since the thing in Baku two weeks ago and I still wasn't sure what he thinks about it. Probably he already had forgotten it because I wasn't on his interest. For we it was a big achievement back there because I, for the first time, felt superiority over him and I really liked it.

A while later the car stopped in front of the entrance in the stadium, where the paddock was located. Still in silence I hold out my hand towards Verstappen and he sighed before he took it. Quickly we jumped out of the car and made our way towards RedBull.

Many photographers were sitting in the grass in front of us taking pictures. Somehow the plan seemed to work because they said that Verstappen was happy with his girlfriend and I didn't seem to be hurt or stuff like that. We also had gotten the name RB-couple because we always wore team kit when attending a race weekend, obviously.

"Hey you look nice." Timo said when I finally had left Verstappen and was on my way to my office.

"Thanks Timo. Is it always that hot here in Miami, I think I will melt away before FP1 even starts."

The mechanic and I laughed and stepped at bit to the side as Christian Horner and some other guys passed us.

"Yes, it's my second time here and last year it was even worst so don't expect some change."

"Oh no, I was already hoping for cooling later. I haven't even a second shirt with me."

I was hitting me in my mind for not thinking about it and the high temperatures today because yesterday it was a bit cloudy and much better, but today it was burning.

"I am sure Max will give you one of his." Timo said and nodded towards the Dutch, who now appeared in the garage.

At first I was confused why he should borrow me a shirt but then it hit me and I remembered that Verstappen was my "boyfriend".

"Yeah sure he will." was all I could say before hugging him as a good bye.

When he turned around and went towards the car I just looked after him for a moment before turning myself. As I did I saw Verstappen looking over to me and the expression on his face wasn't particular a good one. But I didn't mind and went to my office.

Coffee with me and the Ferrari boys before FP1?

Is it okay if I ask Max too?

The second text from Lando let me stop for a moment. He was such a cute guy for asking me if it was okay if he would invite his friend because he was mean to me. It really was a relief telling him the truth and since Baku there was much less pressure in me about this thing. I also startet looking at me look a bit more, I even wear make up more often like today because I really enjoyed it back at the club. Not as much as back then but it was definitely visible.