- 42 -

Max

Charles was my rescue, like literally. We had been sitting in my living room for over an hour and tried to figure out how we could reach Zoe, when the Monegasque had asked one specific question.

So a couple of days later we were here, at the hospital, as Zoe had an appointment with her gynecologist. She had made that appointment weeks ago and Charles was sure that she would come here today.

"What if he doesn't bring her here?" I asked nervously as the Monegasque and I were sitting in a litte room, behind the treatment room.

"Relax, if this bar is really doing such business this is an appointment this Ricky would bring her. He surely doesn't want her to be sick or anything down there when other man"

"Okay, bro stop." I interrupted him as the thought of Zoe doing things with other man let me nearly throw up.

"Appointment Graham is here, blonde girl like you described. She's with two big men." one assistant said as he stepped into out room.

Of course there had been pictures of her in the media and also her name, but only the first name and now she was blonde, I was so happy that this Ricky was fine with her coming here today. The assistant then showed us a picture on his phone that he had taken quickly and it was her.

"Oh my god, it's her, I need to see her now." I rushed up and wanted to grab the handle of the door.

"No." Charles held me back, "These men have her quicker back in the bar then you can call the police and then your only chance is gone, she will never get the chance to leave this bar. And if she really is drugged then she won't recognize you."

"Fuck." I mumbled as I knew that he was right.

"So what's the plan?" Charles asked the assistant as I was breaking down in his arms, crying.

"We'll say that she has some growths down there and if we don't operate her right now then she will never get the chance to have children."

"But that's fine for them, they only wanna use her as a toy for other men." I said and whipped my tears away.

"Sure, but we when they say it's fine we have something more against them, cause which men would say it's okay for a woman to lose the chance for children? And then we say she won't have the chance to have sex again, that's what they want right?"

"Yeah, but that's not possible." I returned and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." the assistant laughed, "But from what I have seen these men don't really have much brain so they don't have any clue about what illnesses are possible and what not, trust me."

A slight smile appeared on my lips and I thanked him, before he disappeared again, leaving me and Charles alone.

"She will be fine Max, really." the Monegasque tried to calm me down but I was desperately biting my bottom lip.

"What if these drugs have down some damage, what if she won't recognize me?" I whispered and a tear was running down my face again.

"She will, your love is strong enough for that. Maybe it will take some time, but she definitely will remember you and your time together."

"Thanks." I said and looked up at him, "Why are you helping me that much Charles?"

I really didn't understand why he was here. Last year he was flirting with her and even tried to destroy our relationship and now he was here, at my side during this dark times.

"Because, I feel bad for everything I've done to you two, destroying your relationship, trying to steel her away from you. First I thought you were just playing with her, seeing it like a joke, but then I saw how your feelings developed for her. By the way I knew from the beginning that this was just for the media."