𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏.

🜚*:・゚

🜚*:・゚

𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐘 was an understatement. you were livid as your eyes glared at the leaderboard, rage consuming you as every second passed. you clenched your fists in frustration, forgetting about the carton of strawberry milk you held in your left hand as the contents of the sweet drink spilt onto to floor.

a few students glanced over at you, looks of concern flashing over their faces. you didn't care though, all you cared about was the position of your name on the leaderboard. you had worked your ass off for the midterms to ensure you secured the number one spot, like always. even if you didn't work that hard, it wasn't difficult for you to be in first place.

you, and all of your classmates recognised that your academic ability was a cut above the rest. so it was a shock to almost everyone when they looked at the midterm exams leaderboard.

𝟏. 𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚

𝟐. 𝐲/𝐧 𝐥/𝐧

the sight of the number two beside your name made your blood boil. you had always gotten first. for your first and second years you always placed first. it was what you prided yourself on, so the fact that some random person had swooped it and taken the number one spot from you made you see red.

"hey it's okay, y/n." the blonde girl beside you patted you on the shoulder. "you still did better than everyone else in the school." you and yoimiya had been good friends for years, so she knew that you were devastated as your eyes trailed over the leaderboard.

you muttered under your breath, clenching your fists tighter, causing the carton to be crushed within your palm. "who the fuck is this kazuha guy? who does he think he is?"your voice was laced with venom, sending shivers down yoimiya's spine.

most of the time, you were sweet and gentle. but at the moment, you were beyond pissed. the blonde girl mentally face palmed. "y/n, do you not pay attention to anyone in class at all?" you raised a brow at her, shaking your head.

"i'm too busy taking notes to notice anyone, miya." you turned your back back to the list of names, putting an arm around yoimiya's shoulder as the two of you walked to the cafeteria.

"he's the student that transferred to our class a few weeks ago." oh. you remembered now, kind of.  but who the fuck transfers in the middle of their third year?

kaedehara kazuha. he previously had attended liyue academy, but transferred to inazuma high a few weeks ago. you're pretty sure he was sat in the seat infront you during your lessons, but you hadn't taken much note of him. you didnt even know what he looked like since you didn't think he was worth your time, but now - he had stolen the top spot after a few weeks of being here.