𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕.

🜚*:・

🜚*:・

"𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑!" 𝐘𝐎𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐘𝐀 said loudly as her head collapsed onto your bare legs. her movement made the grass you were sitting on tickle your skin. exams had come to an end and you were now anxiously waiting for the results that were to be posted tomorrow. the blonde mindlessly traced little shapes on your skin as your other friends all eventually arrived and sat with the two of you.

you looked down nervously when you saw heizou approach the group - the two of you hadn't spoken since his confession. you couldn't help but feel guilty for running away from him but you couldn't bare to see the look of hurt on his face. he sat down opposite you and you suddenly felt tense.

patting yoimiya on the shoulder, you informed her you were going to get a drink from the vending machine. she gave you a small smile and sat up, allowing you to quickly stand up and walk over to the vending machine. you meant against the wall once you were out of sight of the others.

since you were here you might as well get a drink. your eyes scanned the shelves of the machine, simply deciding to buy a strawberry milk. you reached into your skirt pocket, sighing in defeat when you realised you didn't even bring any change with you.

"which one do you want? type it in." you didn't even need to spin around to know who the voice belonged to. you slowly typed the number of your drink into the machine. your breath caught in your throat as you felt kazuha's presence behind you, leaning into your figure in order to slip the change into the little slot. his arm rested there for a moment, before he distanced himself and leant against the wall.

you collected your drink, poking the straw through the top and taking a sip. "you know, i was also drinking strawberry milk the moment i decided you would be my rival." you said quietly, trying to start up a conversation with the boy. you leant against the wall beside him, letting your head fall back against it.

"when was that?" he asked, his voice soft, blending in nicely with the gentle breeze that blew your hair around slightly.

"when midterm results were posted, and i saw your name ranked above mine. i was so pissed." he let out a quiet chuckle before tilting his head slightly to look at your side profile. he noticed your slightly tight grip on the milk carton as you remembered how he had beaten you.

"you really hate me, huh?" he spoke softly. you took another sip of your strawberry milk, hoping the sweetness would cover up the lie that was about to leave your lips.

"of course, you're my rival after all."

"of course. rivals." the boy said, pushing himself off the wall. "well, rival, let's get back to the others." he noticed your hesitance and out his hand in your shoulder. "things with heizou will clear up in no time. avoiding him will only make things worse." you gave him a small nod as you pushed yourself off the wall to walk beside him.