𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒.

🜚*:・゚

🜚*:・゚

𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐓 for you this morning. it was a wednesday - the middle of the week when everyone's already done with school. you forcefully dragged yourself out of bed, gravity working against you as you fell onto your bedroom floor.

you hissed as you looked at your leg, a bruise already forming. you rolled your eyes as you stood up, making sure not to fall over this time. you spent half an hour getting ready for school, putting on your uniform. unfortunately, your skirt was quite short so did nothing to hide the bruise.

you shrugged, heading to the kitchen to grab breakfast. your parents were sitting with akemi, pancakes on all of their plates. "good morning, y/n." akemi said once she was you.

"good morning." you smiled. "are there anymore pancakes?" you already knew the answer, but you were hopeful.

"i didn't realise you wanted any." your mother spoke up, not looking up from her plate. you forced a smile as you grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl to eat on the way to school.

"you didn't ask me." you muttered under your breath. your mother turned around slowly, furrowing her brows.

"don't be rude, y/n."

you scoffed, already insanely annoyed at how your day was going to far, walking out of the kitchen and shutting the front door making sure not to slam it. as much as you wanted to rip the door off its hinges that would only make your parents mad.

the walk to school was normal, just boring. your first period was independent study, meaning you had a chance to calm down before having to deal with people.

at least that's what you thought. you had arrived at your usual spot, and just like yesterday kazuha was sat there. the chair from yesterday was still there so you dropped your bag to the floor as you sat down opposite him.

"you have independent study too, huh?" he spoke up, but you were too tired to form words so you only nodded in response. his gaze lingered on your for a moment before he went back to his work.

you took out books and your pencil case in an attempt to make notes but you just stared at the empty page in front of you. you just wanted to work to forget about everything but you couldn't even bring yourself to pick up your pen. you were exhausted. the results of midterms had taken a toll on you, so you needed to work harder. but for the first time, you couldn't work.

you didn't realise how long you had been staring at the table but it must have been a while since your lack of movement caught kazuha's attention. he nudged your arm with his pen, furrowing his brows when you didn't react.