Capture of the Lady

Happy 4th of July!!!!

As the Airbarge moved, to the area known as Battleship Bay, everyone kept an eye out for what may be potential threats. Slate flew the barge along.

"So, what's the plan? Land at the docking station directly? Or are we landing at Soldier's Field?" Daisy asked, looking at Slate.

Slate continued to adjust course, taking a rather round about way, to avoid getting caught in the open, and avoiding Monument Island the best he could. 

Holly and Nelson were sitting on boxes, discussing what the plan for when they return to the ground and report in detail.

"So we are going to start with the fact this place has bad tasting pop that gives you power when you drink it, and you need salt to power it. I have a weird feeling that once that goes public, there will be a lot of people hospitalized due to dehydration with the salt intake, or someone is going to eat rocksalt." Nelson said.

"Yeah. Best we make sure that we get this stuff examined, or find any more, this stuff could be dangerous to drink. Hopkins and I haven't had this stuff for more than a day, and so far we have no side effects. I'd hate to know what happens if you drink a lot of these." Holly said. 

Hopkins and Britt looked over, keeping a watch on the surroundings. Cole and Hardy were near the back, leaning on the railing.

"This day...has been weird." Cole said.

"Which part, the 1910's americana stylized city, the fact it's flying, or we just fought the Klan in their house, or the fact someone can transform into a swarm of crows?" Hardy asked.

"D, all the above." Cole said, shaking his head.

"You're telling me. I'm just nodding my head and playing it like normal." Hardy said, turning a bit and looking up, towards the statue of the angel that was looming in the distance.

"That is a majestic statue.....Real big and-" Hardy began.

"It's a show of power. The founders say it's the spirit that will redeem them. To the Vox, it's a symbol of oppression." Daisy said, approaching the two soldiers.

The two nodded  abit.

"So.....what is the Vox Populi?" Cole asked.

"The Vox is the voice of the people, we stand against the founders. We represent those who are treated unfair, treated like less people, and more like property. To us, the founders, Comstock, the Finks, those lot who always hold the power, and hand their servants the whips to keep the rest of us down." Daisy said.

"What do you plan to do after the founders are out of power?" Hardy asked.

"We're gonna leave this place in ruins, put the founders on trial, hang those guilty of plenty of crimes, jail those we can't  get a death sentence for. I never thought a great deal about after the founders are gone. It's......it just seems far away." Daisy said.

Hardy looked down.

"Put the leaders on trial, not the people. The leaders are responsible, jailing 10,000 will only make those who believed the founders were good cement their resolve. Let the sins they commit be known, broadcast it on the radio." Cole said.

"You want them to pull a Nuremburg?" Hardy asked.

"What could have caused something like that to happen?" Daisy asked.

"World War 2, bunch of Nazis who were captured after the war were put on trial. Everything from the occupation, to the actions of the holocaust, those connected to it. Most were sentenced to be hung, or ended up in prison for the rest of their lives." Cole said.