Seol Yoona (NMIXX)

| under her skin

y/n pushes a handful of her dark hair behind as she sighs, dark eyes watching as a shorter frame comes into view, making their way outside with a small box of peppero on their hands. "lily, what the hell is that on your hands?" y/n asked, though she already knew what it is, this is one of those times again where lily sneaks out a bar of chocolate, or any snacks after her shift - promising that she'll pay for it or at least lord shownu can take it from her salary. lily looked past her shoulders from the entrance, hand on the box and the other on the handle, lily scrunched her nose and smiled at y/n.

"ow this? just a little snack, i'll pay this tomorrow, promise." lily isn't lying but sometimes this little antic of hers is getting on lord shownu's nerves and of course there are times where lord shownu comes after lily's shifts, his strong senses makes it easy to spot any missing items that should be there and in the end lord shownu pours his frustration on lecturing y/n for an hour.

"you should, but you're dead to me if lord shownu comes and scolds me again." y/n spoke, voice low and her tone is clearly flat - bored and tired, her frail, tall body cannot keep up anymore with the amount of sleep she has lost and the times she has to keep the urge of biting and sucking blood from innocent people, hell - she can't even do it to people she hates.

y/n isn't meant to live the life of a vampire.

she's been in this shape for only 10 months but it already felt like a decade, she badly wanted to get used to this life, ever since that unfortunate night she had inside of this very same convenience store she works at, she didn't expect that she would be living hell as a vampire whilst she only wanted to work to pay for her expenses. this is all lord shownu's fault, but she can't bring herself to blame him as she wasn't in the position to.

y/n is weak, pathetic, and a scaredy cat. for a vampire like her, she can't even bring herself to hurt an animal to feed herself, it's just too harsh for her.

she missed being an actual human, she wasn't even born for this.

it made her mad that she couldn't do anything to undo such a curse that fell upon her, that became the very bane of her existence. this isn't what she wanted to be, she wants her life back.

but there is no cure to such monstrosity, all she can do now is buy bags of blood and drink tomato juice to supply her life and to satisfy her hunger. although she gets the deep urge to maul an innocent citizen on her way home, she can't because some humane part of her cannot handle doing such a crime, it all felt wrong, it wasn't on her way. she never did such a thing as a human, and she still cannot do so as a vampire.

"ah yes, don't worry he isn't gonna visit today. bye!" y/n watched as her friend took her leave with a swing of the door, she rushed outside on the dark road where she disappeared under the darkness in just a few seconds.

y/n stayed behind the counter, hands on her sides as she waited for people to start coming in.

it's only 10:20pm. which is still quite early, she has a few more hours to spare wasting her time in this shit hole, if she's lucky enough - lord shownu won't decide to visit and no drunkard would start any trouble, y/n also wishes that there would be no group of teenagers who would decide to pester her in the middle of the night.

unfortunately, two of the things she has wished not to be bestowed upon her have come true - lord shownu must have made sure to leave some reminder to his minion of his bane existence.

a man in his 30's entered, looking disheveled, his hair is crusty, all over the place, beard so long and spreads on his face like a wildfire, his clothes are ragged - dirty, eyes are red and surrounded by dark circles, deep bags under his eyes are evident of how much of a crackhead this man must be.