4. Nausea

•━━ ❦ ━━☠━━ ❦ ━━•

•━━ ❦ ━━☠━━ ❦ ━━•

Lumi Archipelago was an unimportant island, primarily known for its abundance of fish.

Located in the southern part of North Blue, Lumi supplied most of the surrounding islands due to its strategic position near Calm Belt. Most fishermen specialized in catching sea monsters, and their signature dish was a slice of sea steak accompanied by parsley potatoes from a neighboring island.

Lumi was not large, spanning only a few kilometers in size, with about thirty inhabitants per square kilometer. Most people lived near the coast, while the center of the island was dominated by a factory responsible for packaging and exporting fish to the rest of the region.

"Glad to have arrived. I was starting to smell vomit everywhere on this ship..."

Her stomach against the ground, Alessia felt tears welling up as she made contact with the temperate tiles of the port.

She had been sick throughout the entire journey. It had taken four days to reach Lumi, four days where she couldn't leave the hammock, could barely open her eyes, and the slightest bit of food made her immediately fill the bucket she'd been lent to empty the contents of her stomach.

The smell had been so overwhelming and nauseating that Lance could still smell it, despite being tasked by Faidan to empty the buckets on the upper deck throughout the travel.

The child didn't have the strength to give him an apologetic look. In fact, she didn't have the strength for anything at all, as her body didn't allow her to ingest anything without immediately regurgitating it, in liquid form.

Her head continued to spin, and Faidan had to pick her up like a limp puppet before hoisting her onto his back with a sigh.

The girl had just awakened her Haki, and it seemed to be enough to make the sea unbearable for her until she learned to control it. So, instead of going directly to the hospital as initially planned, seeing the famous doctor, and returning to Red Line as soon as the girl could speak, Faidan decided to first pass through the deserted forest of the archipelago. This would give the girl at least a few days to fill her stomach and recover from the land sickness, which was bound to be as terrible as what she had experienced on the ship.