6. New island

Hey, I know it's been a long time

I've had a bit of a breakdown and I've been pretty busy with the French version of Lessia. Hopefully I'll be able to post regularly now that I've finished the first volume. I hope you enjoy the rest!

•━━ ❦ ━━☠━━ ❦ ━━•

If the Lumi Archipelago stood out for its beautiful scenery despite its large fishing boats and canning factory, Spider Miles was despicable.

A large part of the port was allocated for waste treatment, and despite the fascination that the architecture of some bridges or buildings could evoke, the area was suffocated by mounds of trash, piled up like an avalanche from the heights of the island to the beach. 

Upstream, only a large factory and long chimneys were scattered here and there, from which thick black smoke billowed, staining the sky with fine particles that fell over the entire island. 

If Alessia had been excited about discovering a new island, she had bitterly regretted it.

"But why would a doctor set foot in such a place! If we anchor here, we'll lose ten years of our lives!"

"You promised that woman to deliver her letter; a man must keep his word", replied Faidan sharply. 

Lance slumped. 

Upon learning of their destination, the young man had been the first to say he would return to RedPort. 

Spider Miles was a dreadful place, and no sane person would have decently wanted to go there, no matter the reason or what they were promised. 

The high pollution rate was not so much the reason why people avoided it. Spider Miles was an ideal place for the underworld of North Blue, as even the Marines refused to set foot there.