55. New Alliance

•━━ ❦ ━━☠━━ ❦ ━━•

Recently, the Straw Hat Pirates had returned to the archipelago.

Luffy had a tanner complexion, a paunch and now carried a gun to deter anyone who might dare to attack him.

Nami, on the other hand, had grown more compact and her head  flatter and longer, like a deflated balloon.

Zoro and Sanji got on much better than before, but one had put on weight while the other had curly hair.

Sogeking had become the second most massive member of the crew after Luffy, while Franky resembled an old man with a cigar, scribbling tirelessly in his notebook.

Finally, Robin had a more ferocious air, while Chopper, held on a leash, had never looked so feral.

No one dared to attack them, nor even look them in the eye as they made their way through the mangroves of Sabaody.

Thought to be dead, they had returned after two years of silence, they had returned and judging by the many posters plastered on the walls, they were recruiting.

It was a quiet late afternoon for Rayleigh and Shakky. Rayleigh was leaning on the counter, a glass of rum in hand, while Shakky stood behind it, smoking a cigarette.

Mira crossed Grove Thirteen before entering the bar and slumping onto the bench.

"You'll never guess what my latest customers said to me! That when they saw them for real, they felt their greatness," she exclaimed. "I've met some idiots, but confusing the Straw Hats with those people? You'd have to have been dropped on your head as a baby!"

Rayleigh smiled.

"Well, I thought only Alessia liked to complain while flopping onto the bench," he teased, turning towards the young woman.

Mira gave him a cheeky grin.

"You should be glad, I'm bringing a bit of nostalgia with me! By the way, any news?"