Chapter 3

Today was an early morning for a certain hazel brunette.

She slowly inched her body off the soft, comfortable mattress of her bed, placing her feet on the floor. She looked over, seeing the neighboring bed across, its sole user snoring quietly as the blanket rose and fell periodically in a pattern.

Misaka Mikoto smiled, knowing the type of work her roommate does. She didn't want to wake her up though, at least not today knowing the type of character her roommate has.

Onee-samaaaaaa...

Mikoto shuddered. A long shower would be nice. Good to revitalize her half-asleep mind. She went over to the bathroom.

It was around 5.00, and some of the students within the dorm were starting to wake up. Most of them wouldn't wake up until 30 minutes in, and usually Mikoto was in the majority of those students. She turned on the lights of the bathroom. She discarded her Gekota print pajamas, underwear, and placed them all within the laundry basket. She closed the door, and installed a special function within the bathroom which cancelled the noise within it, allowing for a quiet shower without disturbing anyone outside the bathroom.
She has used this function a couple times, mostly in times like this.

She got into the shower booth, and turned the shower on. She felt relief, and energy rush throughout her body as the coldness of the water poured all over her slender, petite and toned body.

She brought her hands onto her hair, massaging it slowly as the water from atop drenched her short hair. She grabbed a bottle of shampoo, rubbing the portion of it within her hands until foam had formed. She applied the shampoo to her hair, and the shower lessened a bit to prevent washing the shampoo away.

She then grabbed another bottle, this time a bottle of body soap. She squeezed out some within her palm, and after foaming it in her hands rubbed the lather to her arms, neck, armpits and chest before moving down to her torso and legs.

She grabbed the bottle of shampoo next to the body soap, squeezed out a portion and applied it to her hair, a voluminous amount of foam forming on her crown. This was her favorite part of the day; having the shower all to herself, without anyone (i.e. Kuroko) interrupting her.

A minute later she turned the shower on, the soap and shampoo rinsed away from her petite figure.

She grabbed a nearby towel, wiping off the water on her body and hair. Looking down on her figure she sighed.

Girls her age were supposed to develop, yet here she was, still lacking as ever.

The knot in her stomach twisted the longer she stared, so she quickly shook her head, lightly slapping her cheeks.

'Okay! Settle down Misaka, you can't let youself down like this. Just do as you do everyday, it's not hard,' Mikoto spoke to herself.

There's always next year.

Then a heavy sigh. Mikoto said that the last year. And the year before that.

However she kept her spirits up. She was optimistic, besides it's not as if she'll stay like this forever.

Right?

She exited the bathroom, about to walk around the corner when a premonitive chill went down her spine.

Right now she was wearing a towel over herself, birthday suit underneath.
Her sight was to her roommate's bed, which was empty.

'Oh no.'

'Onee-samaaaaaaaaaa, whydidyoubathewithoutme!?'

The image of a drooling Kuroko, arms spreading as she lunged towards Mikoto, was something that would haunt the hazel-brunette's nightmares for a whole week.