Chapter 8

Author's Notes:
Press F to pay respects for the true Dragon King Touma Kamijou, who died, and is now travelling down to the afterlife. He's following the footsteps of heroes like Hellboy, Harry Dresden and many others.

But how long do you guys think he'll stay dead?

Right not I'm just dreading the moment where Touya and Shiina find out.

XxX

The swordswoman appeared in the middle of the street, her hand gripping the odachi to her side.

"Partner? You don't suppose you mean that punk priest from earlier, do you?" He tried to keep a straight face, his voice filled with bravado.

"You meant Stiyl. I believe he is the individual you so crudely described," the woman said. "And bravado won't get you anywhere."

Touma clenched his fist, his mind working out a way out of this situation. He needed to get back to Index's side, and get her someplace safe.
He had to finish this quickly. Touma Kamijou didn't know how strong this woman was, but with the way she held herself, and the sword to her side he figured he won't get out of this unscathed.

"My name is Kaori Kanzaki, and I do not wish to use my magic name against you. I can end this in one move, if I wished. You won't feel my blade through your neck when I'm done with you," the woman coolly remarked. The boy flinched, a chill running up his spine. She meant business.

Could he realistically win this fight? He was strong, and fast, but that was it. This woman got something that would counter against him, an amateur in combat.

Right now the odds aren't in his favor.

"But, I don't wish to fight you. I want you to surrender her to me, and I assure your safety."

"... and if I say no?"

His reply came with a brief gust of wind blowing over his head, and a wind turbine slashed in half behind him.

"Do I need more convincing?"

"S-Shit!" He cursed out.

"I will ask as many times as needed; give the girl to me."

"I won't cower or kowtow to your wishes-"

"Reconsider," with her remark she unsheathed her sword, and several wires erupted from her scabbard. With practiced, precise movements she slashed her sword towards the ground, using the momentum of her swing to guide the wires down to her intended target.

A large explosion of dust and debris struck the area in front of him, and he swore he saw several slashes fly around within the dust.

(What kind of magic was that!? This is on a whole different ballpark compared to the guys I deal with on a daily basis!)

The dust settled, and he saw the destruction her attack caused. Seven slash marks across the road, in seemingly random angles appeared in the front where he could have been on.

"My Nanasen atttack strikes seven times in successive fashion within a single instant. You won't feel anything by the time you're sliced to pieces."

Kamijou gulped down his spit. He felt outmatched, and weak in this moment.

How can he think he would be able to defeat her? She probably has fought a lot of dangerous and powerful enemies before this, so she knew how to fight. He, on the other hand, fought only the occasional street thug, armed, unarmed or power-using, either letting his Imagine Breaker or strength do the talking; he knew how to punch with enough force to knock them out, and throw them around without turning them to paste.