Chapter 66

This New Year's Eve was quite lively, and the leak of patient information in the military hospital did not end with Gao Shi being brought into the police station. The continuous attention of people from all walks of life in the empire pushed public opinion to an unimaginable height.

There are new news constantly being leaked by insiders, and the media has finally found materials that are basically infallible when the industry is facing a rectification.

From the first day of the holiday, we can see revelations of different content almost every day on Xingwang.com. From how Gaoye Primary School bullied his classmates, to Mr. Gao being scolded by his partner's family for several days because of cheating, the backlog of bits and pieces of news piled up, and completely crushed the new nobleman Gao who had just raised his head recently to his face on the ground. friction.

Lin Sheng did not escape the fate of being implicated because he drew a clear line with Gao. The media's nose was as sharp as a dog's, and they smelled the fishy smell on Lin Sheng's body.

Lin Sheng, who was implicated in fighting wits and courage with reporters, was not a seamless egg, and spent the entire vacation in a state of desperation.

With the new year's start of this upsurge of public opinion, the registration period for the Imperial Research Institute's solicitation competition has also reached the final deadline.

The debate in the conference room of the research institute was finally over. Situ drank a few gulps of water, pulled a smoldering throat and finally shouted: "I don't agree, I have to talk to the sponsor!

" Light saber," Bai Li said to the researcher beside him, "let him speak with that, it will be more convincing."

Yang Han and the others sat beside him, their frowning faces not tensed for a moment, and they were happy.

"It's useless to say now, the schedule has already been set." Zhou Yue participated in the meeting through the virtual screen, "I didn't expect the schedule to be so tight. This time the competition team did a good job of keeping the whole process confidential. Find out."

On the other side of the virtual screen is the schedule just received today.

The entire competition is concentrated in the first month of the year, and is divided into the main star and multiple subsidiary star competition areas. The regional competition is played first, and the players are selected to advance to participate in the main star finals.

The mech research and development circle has developed well in the past few years, and the empire has always supported this aspect. There are many large, medium and small research institutes, and there are more participants than Bai Li imagined.

"This row is too wicked," Situ began to ramble again, "How can there be an opening ceremony in the morning and three games in the afternoon, and the main star has so many research institutes?

" Entering the main star competition area," Yang Han said according to the information he had inquired from his former classmates, "so there are many people, so the queue is tight." The tight

schedule means that the driver will be quite tired.

Everyone was worried that Bai Li's legs would not be able to withstand this high-intensity competition.

"This year is very strict," said a researcher. "Although it has been stipulated that members of the first and second echelons are not allowed to participate in the competition, there are occasionally one or two exceptions in previous years.

" The possibility of people like Lu Zhao and Jiang Hao who have experienced many battles participating in the competition is completely gone.

"If the military wants to rectify the atmosphere and establish an image, then it can't get too involved with this kind of competition facing the public." Bai Li didn't care much, "They want to go to the front line with real swords and guns, not come out to entertain the public with monkeys Yes. Just wait and see, the marshal has not yet unified the management rights of the garrison corps, and when the military circle is completely established, it will be like an iron barrel, and the garrison corps may not come to the game." A mecha

match One driver, this has always been the practice in solicitation competitions, only when the first driver has a serious physical problem and cannot participate in the competition, the substitute can be replaced. Large research institutes with multiple research and development projects usually send two to three mechas to participate in the competition, but Baili's research institute didn't start long, and there was only one mecha.

They are betting on this mecha, betting that the mecha will win, betting that Baili will win.

Bai Li used the public terminal in the conference room to open the registration interface for the Imperial Research Institute's mecha competition, entered the information of the mecha and the research institute one by one, and said with a smile: "Actually, it's good to have a tight queue, as long as I play fast enough , and I can catch up with you for dinner."

"I don't have to worry if you're like everyone else," Situ sighed, "but you're not... What do you say if you really can't stand it?" "

I I think you may be wrong," Bai Li said, "This mecha is man-made for people who are different from the current mainstream, and it exists to make people like me withstand it." The meeting room was

quiet for a few seconds.

"No objection?" Bai Li raised his head and looked around, "Whoever has an objection, give him a light knife and let him talk to the competition team."

Situ squeezed the paper used to wipe sweat into a ball and smashed it him.

Bai Li tilted his head to avoid it, and filled in his name in the "driver" column of the registration form.

Two days later, the Imperial Academy Contest officially announced the registration list for this competition.

Lin Sheng's research institute was not written on the column recommended in the army.

Because Lin Sheng lacked Gao's data support, it was determined that the degree of completion of the mecha was not high enough, and the Imperial Research Institute rejected his application for internal recommendation.

Lin Sheng's research institute was sent back to the subsidiary star competition area, and had to start from the sub-division area in order to qualify for the main star to participate in the finals.

Tang Kaiyuan, who had attracted attention because of the propaganda of the first heir, has also become an inconspicuous name in the corner of the list of affiliated star competition areas.

The competition in the main star area is always the fiercest. Baili's research institute and the names of the pilots behind the research institute have attracted the attention of the military academy and major legions.

With the disclosure of the list and models of the Imperial Research Institute competition group, the information of each participating research institute is also released. The research institutes have displayed the advantages and characteristics of their respective models on their homepages. Unleash the alpha's physical abilities to the limit.

That night, the military academy and major legions contributed a large amount of hits to the website of the Baili Research Institute, and the mecha forum quickly discussed the mechas that were quite different from the Baili Research Institute and the mainstream.

This year's competition attracted more attention than previous years due to the turmoil at the end of last year. Not only were the military fans of the major legions and mecha forums discussing fiercely, but even the military academy also participated in this debate.

Si Dong sat in the public rest area of ​​the Imperial Military Academy to rest, and used his personal terminal to browse the analysis of Baili's mecha on the mecha forum.

There are a lot of posts, and he is a little disappointed that not many people are optimistic about it.

Bai Li's idea was too bold, the forum was divided into two factions, one faction completely denied the feasibility of this type of mecha, and even found it ridiculous. The other faction thinks that the appearance of this mecha has opened up a new direction for the research of the empire's mechas. Bai Li is willing to drive it himself, and he is indeed very confident in this mecha, but it is all theoretical after all. Can you To stand the test of battle, we still need to wait and see.

"Actually, I think Bai Li's idea is good, but it's a bit fanciful," said the roommate sitting opposite to another roommate. "Physical defects affect driving, and gender defects are really difficult to make up for."

Si Dang frowned: "It is difficult to make up for it, so external assistance is needed."

"As long as you can say support, it is support," roommate Xiao Wu said, "I am O myself, and I admit that I can't open the mecha, my body can't keep up, and my mental strength is not good. Although I want to open the mecha in my heart, sometimes What the old man said makes sense, any status is suitable for any job..." "

Then you should go home and prepare to get married, and go to some military academy." Si understands coldly.

Xiao Wu was stunned, a little angry: "I'm studying logistics management, and I'm going to the logistics department in the future. You are amazing and you study mecha actual combat, but don't look down on us for studying other majors, okay?

" A roommate, Sun Peng, hurriedly interjected: "Si Dong didn't mean that, so don't be angry. Just say it for fun, but don't take it seriously." There are not many omega in the military academy, and there are even fewer

O in the Mecha Combat Academy that Si understands. Yes, there are four O's in a dormitory, only he and Sun Peng are in the same major, and the other two are logistics management.

"I'm more serious, I'll just tell the truth," Xiao Wu said, "Bai Li's mecha direction is good, but I don't think there is any problem? I just think there are differences between genders, and the structure of the body also determines a lot Is it okay to admit this fact?"

Sun Peng was a little embarrassed, he himself studied mecha actual combat, and he felt that he would not lose to anyone, but he still felt tired occasionally.

He worked very hard to achieve the height, alpha may only need to work hard to reach the height of five points.

"You're right, but..." Sun Peng thought about his words.

"You're right," Si understands closing the personal terminal, "but that's not the reason for us to deny this mech. You don't have to like it, but you don't want to use gender differences as a reason to deny it for everyone." Xiao

Xiao Wu opened his mouth.

He knew what Si understood, he was like a mad dog, not at all like a young master of noble origin.

If you can't keep up with your physical fitness, you will train twice as much as others, and if your body is not sensitive enough, you will spend 24 hours in the simulation cabin. In the first semester, he was beaten black and blue in the confrontation with real people, and in the second semester, half of the alphas in the class were beaten to the point of not daring to say a word.

We are all in the same dormitory, we all know whether we work hard or not.

Although he knew this in his heart, Xiao Wu was still quite upset. He couldn't tell why it was because of it, admiration was admiration, admiration was admiration, but when things happened to him, he just felt uncomfortable.

He was able to attend the military academy, and he was under a lot of pressure. He hopes to gain a greater degree of freedom, but from time to time he thinks of what his father used to say at the dinner table-"What kind of person should do what kind of thing, if you can't do it, you can't do it. It can make up for it, then everyone can make things happen..."

"Si Dong is right," Sun Peng said, "I still like Baili's mecha, how wonderful, if I can drive it in the future, Maybe I can join the First Army Corps with Major General Lu—" "

No, it's not!" Xiao Wu interrupted him loudly, his face flushed, "If it's possible, why didn't anyone make this kind of mecha before? How many Lu Zhaos are there in the entire empire? The natural flaws can't be made up for, do you think you can really become the second Lu Zhao?!"

Sun Peng was stunned by this voice.

Si Dong put away his personal terminal and stood up.

"No one did it before, because no one thought about it at all, because people who are in this area are considered unqualified by default." Si Dong looked at Xiao Wu and said lightly, "You can't become Lu Zhao because of you. I never thought about becoming this kind of person."

Xiao Wu still wanted to talk, but Si Dao teased Sun Peng, and the two of them walked out of the rest area without further talking to Xiao Wu.

"Don't get angry with him, he really appreciates you," Sun Peng said as he walked, "He had a fight with his family before he entered the military academy, and his family wanted him to get married, but he didn't like it, so he insisted on entering the military academy "

Walking out of the rest area and breathing in the fresh air, Si Dao felt a little better: "I know." After a pause, he continued, "I just discovered that in fact, many things, many thoughts, and many concepts are just like Like a tree, it is rooted in people's brains. You cut down a tree, but the roots are still there, and they are so deep that you can't dig them out."

Sun Peng sighed: "I like Baili's mechs, and I want to be like Major General Lu, but I There is always a period of time in a year when you feel that I am not good..."

Si Dong patted him on the shoulder.

There were no classes in the afternoon, so Si Dong asked Sun Peng to take a leave of absence from an unimportant elective course for him, and drove to his brother's research institute by himself.

Although he never said it, Si Dao liked the atmosphere of the institute very much. Occasionally, he can go to the simulated warehouse a few times. If Bai Li and Lu Zhao are around, they can give him advice, unlike his brother Situ, who will spray his dishes.

Si Dong was a little restless all the way, and when the car drove to the research institute and walked into the sixth research room, his mood improved a little.

The game was about to start, and the research institute was stepping up inspections. Si Dong saw Bai Li standing in front of the huge virtual screen with his hands folded in front of his chest, watching a substitute match.

Situ stood beside him and said something. Approaching, Si understand heard his brother say: "This person is not bad, but his mental strength is not up to the mark, and his

performance is not stable."

There is no one else to choose." Hearing the movement again, he turned around and saw Si Dong, and smiled, "Here comes the child, sit there and wait a while. Your Brother Zhao is on the simulation cabin, and this round is almost over."

Si understood that he was talking about being a substitute. He looked at the mechs fighting on the virtual screen, and the light knives collided to bring out strings of light spots. Involuntarily said: "Brother Li, I want to be a substitute."

Bai Li didn't realize it: "Huh?"

"I want to be a substitute." Si Dong said.

Situ opened his mouth and shouted after a few seconds: "Ah?!"

"I want to be a substitute!" Si Da said louder than his brother, "I fucking want to be a substitute! I want to be a mecha!"