Chapter 69

The opening ceremony ended with applause and lights, and several suspended live broadcast robot Galaxy returned to the auditorium temporarily, waiting for the first game in the afternoon to start.

Several pages have been written on the mecha forum. This year's more promising models and drivers have been posted for analysis. Baili's research institute and the white01 mecha have also been discussed several times by the forum because of their unique research and development directions. But most people still maintain a less optimistic view.

Lu Zhao sat in the auditorium and looked at his personal terminal, but he didn't browse the forum. He tapped a few times on the text message interface and deleted the message.

Han Miao brought back a few bottles of nutrient solution from the suspension vehicle, divided them and asked, "Where is

Lieutenant General Jiang ?" Backstage work, see you on the way."

Han Miao nodded and sat down, and was about to discuss with Lu Zhao the few mechas that looked good just now, when he heard the voices of other audience behind him.

"This year's competition is not small," one person said, "There are many heavy mechas, and there are also many destructive ones." "The

same mechas are boring, and the battlefield is not only heavy mechas," another He replied, "I came here for white01."

Lu Zhao glanced back, and saw that it was the beta who shouted to support Baili at the opening ceremony.

"Crazy fan," Chen Nan elbowed Lu Zhao, "Young Master Bai has fans too."

Lu Zhao cocked his lips.

"It's not that I don't support it, but if you look at the situation today, there are so many heavy mechas, it seems that the mechas of Bai's Research Institute are a bit..." The person who just started to speak thought about his words, "weak."

Chen Nan's expression became unattractive immediately, and he whispered to Han Miao: "These people don't know anything.

" Under pressure, he said righteously: "I know a fart."

Lu Zhao heard it clearly, but he didn't say anything. He just stared at the personal terminal in his hand, typed a few words in the input box, and then deleted it.

"Are you upset? You have deleted it several times," Chen Nan turned her head and asked, "I don't think you need to worry about Bai Li, he is quite strong.

" Li and his mecha are more confident than everyone else.

He was thinking of something else.

From the moment Tang Kaiyuan's mecha walked past the main stage, Lu Zhao's mind was only left with the piece of dark blue mottled mecha that Bai Li put in the research institute.

"Hey," Han Miao yelled, "General Jiang is back." Jiang

Hao walked a little hurriedly, his face was not very good-looking, and he lowered his voice as soon as he sat down: "Something happened in the backstage."

He Sitting on Lu Zhao's left, Lu Zhao turned his head and waited for the following.

"Over there in the driver's rest area." Jiang Hao's expression was a bit complicated, "My classmate said that someone seemed to be looking for trouble, and was suppressed by Bai Li with pheromones. The other party is now reporting to the competition team that he released attacks in public. Sex pheromones. It is estimated that the entire racing team knows about it by now."

Chen Nan said anxiously: "

The one who looks for trouble first has the face to report it? What should I do?" Provocation," Jiang Hao comforted, "it shouldn't be a big deal."

Chen Nan and Han Miao breathed a sigh of relief, and then heard Lu Zhao ask, "Tang Kaiyuan?"

Jiang Hao was stunned for a moment, and quickly realized that Lu Zhao was asking who was looking for trouble: "No, it seems to be Gao, a branch of the Gao family, I guess."

Lu Zhao nodded.

He still had no expression on his face, and his tone was flat. The other three couldn't see Lu Zhao's emotions, but they knew more or less what happened to Tang and Bai, and they also knew that Lu Zhao would definitely not be in a good mood right now.

Lu Zhao held the personal terminal in his hand and looked at the main stage. The simulated stardust spots were still flickering in the dark universe. It was the first time he felt depressed in this environment.

Bai Li must like this kind of virtual projection very much, even the roof of his bedroom is a similar virtual image.

He likes the universe, but the universe accepts everyone fairly and does not favor him. He likes the KL223 model, but that mecha is not exclusive to him.

Bai Li's favorite model passes through his favorite universe in a different way today, but he is no longer the Bai Li of that year.

This feeling is very bad, Lu Zhao didn't continue to think about it, stood up and walked out of the auditorium.

"Where are you going?" Chen Nan asked.

Lu Zhao said: "Take a breath."

"Okay, don't miss the game time," Jiang Hao said, "The game that is specially postponed to watch the rotation, if you don't watch the game, it will not be worth the loss." Lu Zhao nodded and walked away

with his personal terminal out.

Outside the window in the corridor was the gray sky with raindrops. Lu Zhao found a corner with few people and turned on the virtual screen, and the text message sent by Huo Cun just popped up.

Huo Cun: Major General, if the rotation time is too long, it may affect the mid-year evaluation. The above asked you if you want to think about it.

Lu Zhao calculated the time, and the competition would take less than half a month at the earliest, so he replied with two words: It's okay.

The mid-year evaluation is not as important as the end of the year, so Lu Zhao shifted the focus to the end of the year.

Then he clicked on the text message box with Bai Li, and the "don't care" on the input field hadn't been sent yet, so he hesitated for a while, and then deleted it.

The chat records between him and Bai Li are basically talking about things, mainly because Lu Zhao really doesn't have much talent for chatting, and he doesn't usually feel that, at this moment, Major General Lu is starting to struggle with his lack of language.

After standing for a while, Lu Zhaocai tentatively typed a line: You have fans.

Just as he moved his finger to the "Send" button and hesitated for two seconds, Chen Nan who came out to go to the toilet behind him called him, Lu Zhao shook his hand, and clicked send.

Frowning a little annoyedly, he greeted Chen Nan, and the personal terminal rang.

Bai Li didn't know what he was doing, and the message was replied quickly: Is it you?

Lu Zhaohui: There are others.

Bai Li sent an emoji with a dog's head in surprise.

Before Lu Zhao could reply, he sent another text message: Is Major General Lu my fanatic?

Immediately followed by the second: the entire opening ceremony except for the fanaticism that I don't want to see other people.

Article 3: The kind of fanatic who wants to lock me up in a small dark room for you to see alone.

Lu Zhao's gaze stayed on the last text message for several seconds, and he found that Bai Li could arouse all his ambivalence.

Most of the time, Lu Zhao felt that this person deserved to stand under the spotlight and become the focus of everyone's attention, but when Lu Zhao saw this text message, for a moment, he almost felt that he had no secret thoughts in front of Bai Li.

Without giving him time to react, Bai Li's fourth text message arrived: the fanatic fan who wants to take off my clothes one by one.

There was a lot of voices in the corridor, and Lu Zhao subconsciously shrunk the virtual screen by a circle.

For some reason, Lu Zhao rarely felt Bai Li's agitation from these four precise messages.

Although Bai Li's text messages were wordy, they were still organized, and he liked to set up a language for Lu Zhaozuan, and rarely waited for Lu Zhao to reply.

It is rare to send several messages in succession.

Lu Zhao felt Bai Li's emotional ups and downs, but he didn't know how to appease him. Feeling an indescribable disappointment at his dullness, he could only pursed his lips, typed a word in the input box, and clicked send.

Lu Zhao: Yes.

This time it took a long time for a response.

Bai Li: I can only eat vegetarian food for dinner, and there are only vegetables left at home.

The topic turned inexplicably, but Lu Zhao replied honestly: Good.

Bai Li posted a drooling doggy head: Major General Lu, only by eating meat can he play games.

Lu Zhao: I'll go buy it.

Bai Lihui: Let's buy together.

Lu Zhao was stunned.

Bai Li sent another text message: Good brothers are going to visit the supermarket hand in hand, and I will leave after a game.

The term "good brother" has not appeared in the lives of Lu Zhao and Bai Li for a long time. After seeing it for a long time, Lu Zhao felt a little funny.

It has been so long since he and Bai Li were called by that name at that time.

The voice system installed in the corridor made a "ding dong" sound, and the voice of artificial intelligence spread through the system: "The first game will start in ten minutes." Lu Zhao stood up straight, and the personal terminal in his hand vibrated at the same

time one time.

Bai Li: You can always look at me, fanatic.

In the arena, a burst of warm applause erupted from the audience.

Lu Zhao stepped into the door and saw the battlers from the two sides shaken out on the huge full-angle virtual screen in mid-air, and he understood what Bai Li's words meant.

In the center of the stardust and cosmic package, Bai Li's name appeared impressively.

"The first match of the Imperial Institute's mecha competition is about to begin," the voice of artificial intelligence sounded, "the drivers of both sides will enter the virtual cabin, and the battle images will be displayed through holographic projection—" On the main arena, two of the latest

models The virtual bin rises.

"Red Fang, Senshi Research Institute, heavy-duty BK482 model, driver Gao Hai," the artificial intelligence continued to introduce, "Blue Fang, Bai's Research Institute—"

Bai Li handed the personal terminal in his hand to Situ, and then He took the helmet of the simulation cabin from Situ.

The researchers behind them still haven't recovered from the huge shock.

A female alpha scolded: "Did you fucking fuck us, the first one to fuck?!"

"Have you checked everything? Are you sure there's nothing wrong with it?" Yang Han nervously asked over and over again, "It's all done right?"

Bai Li actually laughed out loud in this noisy atmosphere.

"Are you ready?" Situ stood beside him and stretched out a fist towards him, "Go and open their eyes."

Bai Li hit Situ's fist with his helmet: "I have been preparing for many years.

" He put on his helmet amidst repeated instructions, and looked at the main stage where he was about to go.

Amidst the cheers from the auditorium and the artificial intelligence's announcement, Situ and the others heard three words from under Bai Li's helmet.

"Kill you."

The channel was completely opened when the artificial intelligence said "Blue Fang", and Bai Li walked towards the main stage where the virtual stardust and the flashing lights of the floating robot flashed. The uniform made him look taller and taller.

"Blue Fang, Bai's Research Institute, white01 model, driver, Bai Li!"

Under the bright blue light, Bai Li walked towards his own simulation cabin.

The preliminary round was the most controversial confrontation between mechas and heavy mechas this year. In addition to the already excited audience, there were also various emotional audiences standing in front of the countless virtual screens connected to the suspended robot.

Bai Li boarded his own simulation cabin, and stood outside another simulation cabin not far from him. Gao Hai was crossing his arms, not wearing a helmet, but looking at him provocatively.

Although Gao Hai was suppressed by Bai Li's pheromone in the background and had no room to resist, but in the mech it was another situation.

After all, mental power combined with strong control, mobilizing the maximum ability of the mecha, and at the same time matching one's own combat experience, these are the keys to winning the mecha battle.

Bai Li felt Gao Hai's mocking eyes sweep over his left leg.

After all, Bai Li is a young man who has been away from the battlefield for many years because of his disability.

"The last minute countdown before the game." The artificial intelligence broadcast.

Gao Hai let out a rather manly roar, and won the big applause from the audience. Then he shook his fist towards Bai Li.

Bai Li had already stepped into the simulation cabin with one foot, and Gao Hai's roar made the soles of his feet slip.

He really didn't understand this way of controlling his emotions through voice control, so he could only stretch out his hand and give Gao Hai a thumbs up.

Gao Hai smiled disdainfully.

Immediately, Bai Li's thumb turned upside down under the eyes of everyone.

"We can see that the thumb of the driver Bai Li is very spiritual. In addition to expressing 'good on you', it is also deceitful as 'deceiving you'," a high-pitched voice took over Artificial intelligence, "Pilot Gao Hai raised his fist again! At the last minute before the competition, the two contestants have already fully expressed their disdain for each other——I am the commentator of this mech competition, and due to the tense situation and the audience I won't introduce myself too much!"

As soon as the commentator's voice fell, there were only ten seconds left in the final countdown.

Bai Li sat in the simulation cabin, and the door slowly closed to isolate the sound from outside the venue.

"The simulated confrontation map will be connected to you, good luck."

Bai Li put his hand on the manipulator, instead of closing his eyes and waiting for the map to load as usual. His vision was swallowed by the darkness, but the blood all over his body was rushing and clamoring to break through the veins.

"The map is loaded."

The game begins.

On the holographic projection outside the simulated warehouse, the map shown is a desolate star full of pinnacles, and the overhead is a low sky suppressed by artillery fire and warships. Once you fly too high, you will face the risk of being shot down by warships. Choose the surface of the desolate star covered by pinnacles.

"It's bad luck," Jiang Hao scolded, "I may not be able to match this map once a year." Lu Zhao

's expression is not very good, he has played this map several times, the most important thing is to fight While avoiding the obstacles created by the stone forest.

"Okay, the map has been loaded," the commentator's voice sounded, "Wow, it's a map with different difficulties for both sides. The heavy BK482 model is inconvenient to move in a narrow space because of its huge body. The white01 model gave up part of its ability to suffer damage in order to improve its flexibility, and once it hits the stone forest, it will be more affected than the BK482." Bai Li's

immediate refresh point was quite subtle. The monitoring device issued a strong alarm, and a light cannon almost slid across the head of Baili's fuselage, hitting the small ship behind him.

The ship exploded instantly, and Bai Li fell immediately, avoiding the flying debris.

This location is fucking awesome. Bai Li couldn't help cursing in his heart, his luck was still the same as before.

Bai Li has been familiar with this picture since the first time he went to the simulation warehouse, so he never memorized it and refreshed it directly in the artillery fire area near the edge of the map.

Whenever something serious happens, Bai Li's fate track will run around like a big saboteur.

Because the refresh point of the white calendar is too wonderful, the camera immediately follows the white01 model.

"I've seen such unlucky ones, but I've never seen such unlucky ones."

"There's a sense of 'God not bless me'..."

Lu Zhao folded his arms and stared at the projection. He couldn't see Bai Li in the mech, Bai Li's state of mind at this moment can only be judged from the flexible avoidance and response of the mecha.

"As expected of the white01 model that prioritizes flexibility, the speed of dodging is quite fast," the narrator is also quite impressive, "This reaction speed also proves the strength of the driver Bai Li...it is the KB482 model! Gao Hai's refresh point is at Directly below Baili!"

Amidst the exclamation, a sharp plasma cannon blasted from directly below Baili.

It was difficult for Bai Li to move while dodging fragments and stray|bullets. He immediately fired a small ion cannon from his shoulder, and used the backlash to tilt his body to avoid the attack directly below.

The narrator sighed: "Amazing!"

After the bombardment, the mecha driven by Gao Hai caught up with Bai Li, and the two confronted each other at close range in mid-air.

Due to its huge advantages, heavy mechs make close combat look extremely weak. Against the background of KB482, white01 looks a bit fragile and flimsy.

After a wave of confrontation, white01 did not gain the upper hand.

"I'm so anxious," Chen Nan, who had never driven a mecha, was so anxious, "Don't hold it, Young Master Bai, hurry up and kill me!"

Han Miao was also fidgeting in his seat: "The heavy mecha is Known for its high destructive power, its rough skin and thick flesh are not afraid of close-range bombardment, and it is equipped with a large number of weapons for long-distance combat..."

"It means that you can't fight?" Chen Nan was not happy, "Don't be discouraged here!"

"Bai Li is good at close combat because he has a high level of mental power and a strong control over mechs," Lu Zhao Looking at the projection, he said in a calm voice, "It's useless to confront KB482 head-on."

Under Chen Nan's puzzled gaze, Lu Zhao said, "So he has to grasp the timing, or create the timing." As

soon as the words fell, The white01 model on the projection gave Gao Hai a thumbs up.

After a pause, the other hand stretched out and gave two thumbs up.

"Pilot Baili..." There was a hint of a smile in the commentator's voice, "Well, he is very good at provocation." There were

some laughter from the audience, mixed with "Is this a game for fun?" or "It's boring to do it this way." Alright?" dissatisfied comments. The levitating robots were filming around the virtual projection, and the mecha forum was full of quarrels because of the very exciting first game.

But Bai Li couldn't feel it. He challenged Gao Hai's nerves with his natural instinct of anger, and then he sank, and the body suddenly burrowed into the stone forest under his feet.

Apart from flexibility, the biggest advantage of his mecha is its extremely fast speed, which does not give Gao Hai any time to react. When Gao Hai caught up, Bai Li had already sunk into the stone forest, and quickly shuttled between the rough stone peaks.

"Bai Li chose to enter the stone forest!" said the commentator, "The narrow gap in the stone forest is where the white01 model can shuttle freely, but it is the area with the most obstacles for the KB482 model! How will Gao Hai deal with it?

" The response is always direct and brutal.

Gao Hai flew the mecha close to the stone forest, raised the hand of the mecha, and the small light cannon mounted directly blasted away the stone pillars blocking him. Lifting his shoulders, the plasma machine gun bombarded the place where Bai Li appeared, and the collapsed debris suppressed Bai Li's sight.

Then he switched to the other hand, and the laser cannon ray mounted on his arm blasted towards the largest stone pillar on the Baili Road.

The stone pillar collapsed, and the fuselage of the white01 model was submerged in dust and debris.

"What are you doing!"

"That's it?" Someone yelled, "A new type of bullshit mecha! It has to be a heavy-duty mecha!" "It's

so bragging, but it really doesn't work~"

There was a burst of boos from the audience.

"It seems that the advantages of the heavy mecha are quite obvious. The powerful attack opens the way, and the destructive power is amazing," the narrator was a little regretful. "The shortcomings of the white01 model are also very clear. For the sake of flexibility and speed, many large weapons were given up——etc. !"

Lu Zhao stared at the smoke and dust, and saw a blue light flashing through the shaking, splitting a falling piece.

The dark blue mech leaped up from the smoke, the light saber in its hand glowed with light. The small ion cannon mounted on the other arm flew up and hit the face of the KB482 with one blow.

"It's the white01 model! It hasn't been damaged!" The narrator excitedly said, "It seems that its extremely high sensitivity allowed it to escape the attack, and with weapon defense, it also avoided the fate of being hit by falling rocks!

" The auditorium, which was still booing in seconds, changed the direction of the wind in an instant, and the supporters who were forced to shut up just now shouted like chicken blood.

"I have to admire Bai Li's driving skills," the narrator sighed, "The smoothness of this model is based on the driver's mental power, which shows how terrifying Bai Li's mental power is—the ion cannon hit the KB482 machine! Alas, it seems that the huge body has reduced the reaction force, and did not completely escape the blow!"

Bai Li knew the temper of people like Gao Hai, knowing that after the indiscriminate bombing, this idiot would definitely stand still and admire The beautiful scenery created by myself, so without hesitation, it was a direct blow to the front.

Who the hell said I wouldn't dare to face a heavy mecha head-on?

On the virtual projection, the white01 model gave a middle finger to the KB482 model.

"Ah, here," the commentator coughed, "Contestant Baili, please pay attention to provocation, we are live broadcasting, and there is no time to code." Even though he knew that the

content of the commentator's words could not be transmitted to the driver, Lu Zhao still laughed for a moment.

He could imagine Bai Li's arrogant expression now.

After Gao Hai suffered this blow, the mecha was damaged to a certain extent. Although it was not serious, it was extremely insulting. He scolded "softie" in the cockpit, and fired another beam cannon at Bai Li. .

Bai Li easily dodged the free attack, and by the way, did a backflip in the air, making a V.

Immediately afterwards, it sank into the stone forest again, followed by Gao Hai, who blasted his way out. Amidst the sound of explosions and smoke, the virtual projection was blurred, and only the dark blue fuselage of the white01 model could be seen moving freely.

"I'm going, this is kite flying?"

"What kind of kite is flying? I think Bai Li is just playing with Gao Hai."

"Is the white01 model so silky... I kind of want to..."

"But it's boring to do this. Although the heavy mecha consumes a lot of energy, it won't be hanged by Bai Li." There was a lot of

discussion in the audience, and the mecha forum also exploded.

Those who underestimated Baili's mecha at the beginning were amazed at the moment, and admitted that the white01 model had reached a new peak in terms of sensitivity and speed.

Lu Zhao clasped his hands and fingers, waiting for the opportunity created by Bai Li to appear.

When Bai Li got out of the stone forest for the third time and pointed out his middle finger to Gao Hai, Gao Hai finally couldn't stand the insult and cursed. His eagerness to chase Bai Li made his mecha fly low and sank into the stone forest .

The detector informed Baili of Gao Hai's trail behind him, Baili smiled and came.

The speed of the white01 model gradually decreased, and the distance between it and KB482 was shortened by a large margin. Both the narrator and the audience were a little puzzled, and they saw Gao Hai's weapon come back into use and blast towards Bai Li.

Cannonballs accompanied by the sound of bombing, as well as the collapse of the surrounding stone forest, the falling boulders and attacks almost sank Baili several times, and the audience exclaimed many times because of this thrilling scene.

Seeing that he was about to sink Baili, Gao Hai suddenly increased his speed and headed towards Baili, blasting out an ion cannon along the way.

Unexpectedly, Bai Li, who was directly in front of him, raised his hand to block it, grabbed a stone pillar directly, slid out sideways by the inertia of his body, and turned a corner abruptly.

Gao Hai's heavy mecha didn't have time to dodge, the ion cannon didn't hit Baili, but it collapsed the stone pillar directly in front of Baili's dodge, and the dust splashed everywhere in an instant, and the falling boulder hit Gao Hai's machine body.

The moment the detector issued a serious warning, Gao Hai only felt the fuselage sink.

Bai Li manipulated the mecha to kill the carbine, and used the side-slip to stay behind Gao Hai. At this moment, he jumped up and stepped on the back of the heavy mecha, and then the light knife was inserted from the gap in the neck of the mecha!

In an instant, sparks splashed everywhere, and the light knife slashed obliquely, bringing up a string of sparks!

Gao Hai hurriedly fired a powerful light cannon, turning his mech around quickly, trying to get rid of Bai Li.

But the astonishing flexibility of the white01 model was displayed again. Turning over to avoid Gao Hai's turning attack, the light knife was inserted again.

This time it pierced the cockpit directly.

Bai Li drew out his light saber, and thrust it in hard again.

The huge heavy mecha lost all its advantages in the narrow space, its head was destroyed, half of the mecha's head hung on one side, and the cockpit was stabbed to pieces.

This is an absolute close combat, a close combat that takes place in front of the heavy mecha known as "Invincible".

From this moment on, many veteran pilots who have driven many mechas faintly felt that the strong melee fighters might have to change their models.

On the virtual projection, the movement of the light knife stabbing into the cockpit has not stopped.

The KB482 model is like a large teddy bear, and the cockpit of the abdomen is ruthlessly sliced ​​open by the white01 model.

Because the standard for the end of the game is that the driver loses his driving ability, the game did not end until Gao Hai completely lost consciousness in the virtual confrontation.

On the projection, the names of Gao Hai and KB482 models are grayed out, and the names of the blue Fang Baili and white01 models are enlarged, and a burst of starlight flashes to show who is the winner of this competition.

There was an unspeakable silence in the auditorium, with trembling, horror, and a hint of vague fear.

After a long time, the commentator made a sound: "The white01 model has refreshed our understanding of mechas on the other hand with its extraordinary melee capability, sensitivity and speed, and it has once again confirmed the research and development philosophy of Bai's Research Institute—— 'Any choice has infinite possibilities!' Let us congratulate Bai's Research Institute for winning the first battle!"

Lu Zhao stood up, looked at Bai Li's name on the virtual projection, and applauded.

After recovering from the huge shock, the audience immediately burst into cheers and applause.

The criteria for judging the strength of the empire has never changed-the winner is the strongest.

The door of the simulation cabin opened, and the medical team who had already been on standby rushed onto the stage and pulled Gao Hai, who was dizzy and retching due to discomfort, out of the simulation cabin.

Bai Li took off his helmet and walked down the simulation cabin, rushed out towards the backstage, and Situ and others, who were standing at the entrance yelling and shouting, raised their helmets.

Starlight and the universe enveloped him, and the flashing lights of the levitating robot flowed around him like a galaxy.

Bai Li clenched his fist amidst the cheers and applause.